Em314

Egg Beaters/better 'n Eggs- Generics?

Rate this topic

I know egg beaters and Better n Eggs are gluten-free.  Anyone have any info or opinions on store-brand/generic versions of these?  Is it even worth writing in to the companies that would know this, or am I being paranoid?

It's been awhile since I've been on here, so i suspect the answer is "yes, write in," and I've just become complacent, but I could use the reality check.

I read ingredients lists. There are some store brands that have reputations for labeling I trust and some I don't. Once you learn which you can be safe with, you should be fine just reading a label and purchasing whatever you want from that brand.

I would say it is certainly worth it writing the companies about the ingredients.  May save you quite a bit of cash long term to be able to buy the store brand.  Be sure to share on here what you hear back from them! :)

Do you want a natural good for you product?  How about eggs?  Egg beaters contain egg whites, so if you can't have eggs, don't eat egg beaters either.  I found a page comparing egg beaters with real eggs.  I eat 5 poached eggs every morning.  I have reduced my blood pressure doing it.  I don't think there is a quicker high protein food for health!  I am cutting back recently, I think because when your body absorbs the food you eat, you don't need as much of it.

Prevention magazine agrees.  Oh, my link didn't transfer, back in a minute.  The article is on "The Latest research on eggs."  I will try again and again and AGAIN though.  I don't know why I couldn't get this link to work.  However, you can look it up by typing in Prevention and the latest research on eggs. 

I also found a link from a Harvard study that conclude eggs were good.  www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs

D

Do you want a natural good for you product?  How about eggs?  Egg beaters contain egg whites, so if you can't have eggs, don't eat egg beaters either.  I found a page comparing egg beaters with real eggs.  I eat 5 poached eggs every morning.  I don't thing there is a quicker high protein food for health!

Prevention magazine agrees.  Oh, my link didn't transfer, back in a minute.

I would just read the ingredients. But, I'm with D. Why not just use real eggs without the added stuff? An egg white is about 15 calories, a whole egg about 90.

I know the Scouts like them for camping because they don't have to worry about breaking eggs. But, sometimes, They just crack real eggs into a clean PB jar or something and shake them up and take that along.