Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

bpack81

Mlo Brown Rice Protein Powder

Rate this topic

I'm looking for information on MLO Brown Rice Protein Powder:

a. whether it is made in a dedicated facility, and

b. whether anyone has used it successfully.

The info I have found on these forums & elsewhere suggests that MLO used to make it with another gluten containing product (I think the pea powder?) but changed that formulation. The product packaging has a "made in a facility that also processes..." statement that does not include wheat or gluten.

However, I haven't found a positive statement that "YES this is made in a dedicated gluten-free facility", and we've been bitten before by inferring things from the "also processes" statement. The MLO website, listed on the packaging, does not work. I contacted WorldPantry.com who handles Genisoy products (?), and they gave me a phone number that turned out to be for Johnvince foods. I waited forever on their customer service line and never got anyone to pick up. I emailed them, but am, unsurprisingly, still waiting.

Side question / different approach - I'm wanting to use this product in some of the Gluten Free on a Shoestring Quick and Easy recipes, especially the yeast free sandwich bread. Has anyone made this, and can you suggest a different protein powder? The recipe actually calls for whey protein powder, and we don't have a problem with dairy, but I can't find any locally that is gluten free. I don't have a local health food store, only a smallish Kroger and a Meijer, so options are limited.

Thanks for the help!

I'm looking for information on MLO Brown Rice Protein Powder:

a. whether it is made in a dedicated facility, and

b. whether anyone has used it successfully.

The info I have found on these forums & elsewhere suggests that MLO used to make it with another gluten containing product (I think the pea powder?) but changed that formulation. The product packaging has a "made in a facility that also processes..." statement that does not include wheat or gluten.

However, I haven't found a positive statement that "YES this is made in a dedicated gluten-free facility", and we've been bitten before by inferring things from the "also processes" statement. The MLO website, listed on the packaging, does not work. I contacted WorldPantry.com who handles Genisoy products (?), and they gave me a phone number that turned out to be for Johnvince foods. I waited forever on their customer service line and never got anyone to pick up. I emailed them, but am, unsurprisingly, still waiting.

Side question / different approach - I'm wanting to use this product in some of the Gluten Free on a Shoestring Quick and Easy recipes, especially the yeast free sandwich bread. Has anyone made this, and can you suggest a different protein powder? The recipe actually calls for whey protein powder, and we don't have a problem with dairy, but I can't find any locally that is gluten free. I don't have a local health food store, only a smallish Kroger and a Meijer, so options are limited.

Thanks for the help!

http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-BioChem-100-Whey-Protein-Powder-Vanilla-29-9-oz-848-g/6907#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=gluten%20free%20whey%20powder&rc=3050&sr=null&ic=2