Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pghkid33

So Sick And Frustrated

Yep, I didn't think crumbs in an old gluteny toaster would make me sick at first.  But I found out different!  It really doesn't take much at all.  Some people mark all their gluten-free items with a red x or something so the gluten eaters know not to touch them.  And keep all the gluten-free food on higher shelves so flour dust or what not doesn't fall on it.

It takes a while to learn the things that can get you.  It takes time for us, and it takes time for those we love to learn also.

I am guessing the frozen food meals you ate might have had something to do with your current symptoms.  If it was Amy's brand that could be the reason.  Some of us have problems with their gluten-free products.  I stopped eating them years ago because of problems.

I hope you are keeping a food journal to record things that make you sick.  Also, either or both of your parents agve you the genes for celiac disease.  So they should be tested at some point too.

Yeah I am definitely keeping a food journal right now. I just want to break the cycle - it's horrible now, my body seems to be purging - getting rid of everything it can in the morning. Leaves me in a terrible state. On top of that, the meds (mainly atenolol) are making me feel wonky. My mother was tested a while back - positive antibody, negative on the biopsy, so she has been told that she can keep eating gluten

Yeah I am definitely keeping a food journal right now. I just want to break the cycle - it's horrible now, my body seems to be purging - getting rid of everything it can in the morning. Leaves me in a terrible state. On top of that, the meds (mainly atenolol) are making me feel wonky. My mother was tested a while back - positive antibody, negative on the biopsy, so she has been told that she can keep eating gluten

Hi pghkid,

If you are in pain you could try some Pepto Bismol.  It might help.  If you have gas trapped in your stomach, peppermint tea can help.  Most meds do have side effects, so it is good to read about those so you know what to expect.  The askapatient site lets people post their reactions to various drugs.  It's a good place to check side effects.

It sounds to me like your mom is on the way to developing celiac disease if she has elevated antibodies.

http://www.askapatient.com/searchresults.asp?searchField=atenolol

Hi pghkid,

If you are in pain you could try some Pepto Bismol.  It might help.  If you have gas trapped in your stomach, peppermint tea can help.  Most meds do have side effects, so it is good to read about those so you know what to expect.  The askapatient site lets people post their reactions to various drugs.  It's a good place to check side effects.

It sounds to me like your mom is on the way to developing celiac disease if she has elevated antibodies.

http://www.askapatient.com/searchresults.asp?searchField=atenolol

Yeah I think she was actually told to avoid bread, or at least cut down. I'll give ol' pepto a try, just want a normal morning, seems like there's nothing I can do to stop it from happening