Rate this topic

I am new to this and I have a question.  I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease just about 2 and a half months ago.  I have been Gluten free to the best of my knowledge for this time and I am so overwhelmed.  I am not sure what is safe and what is not with all the reading that I am doing. 

I was wondering if there was anyone else who felt really upset to there stomachs off and on during the same day.  Does having Celiac Disease even cause upset stomachs.  I have had more then my share of Endoscopys done and I have had all tests and it comes up as Celiac Disease and I am wondering if I am the only one suffering with upset stomachs.  Help!  I will take any advice or information.

Eva

No you're not alone.  Having celiac disease can affect your entire intestinal tract and neighboring organs (e.g. liver, gallbladder, etc.)

You are just two months into the diet.  It took years to get sick and will take up to a year or two to get better.  Slowly, you should see improvement.  Everyone's different since everyone has different levels of damage.  

Keep educating yourself about what gluten free means and be sure to check for cross contamination and gluten possibly in beauty products (e.g. lipstick).  When in doubt -- google it or contact the manufacturer.  

Take care!

:D That's what is so great about this place - we've all got each other's backs. And the "group mind" can cover just about anything.