BelleVie

What Can I Do With Buckwheat Breakfast Cereal?

Rate this topic

I bought the Bob's Red Mill buckwheat bran, that is supposed to be something like oatmeal, but I ate some this morning and was thoroughly yucked out by it. Does anybody know what I can do with the rest? Any good pancake recipes that I could use it for? Or maybe muffins? 

Yeah, you can add some into your pancake batter and muffins.  Just sub in a 1/4 cup or so until you get rid of your supply.  Did you try doctoring up your buckwheat porridge?  Like adding raisins, cranberries, honey, milk, soy milk, cinnamon, banana?  I really love buckwheat porridge, but my husband does not.  He can't take the texture (he doesn't like ricotta, cottage cheese, etc.)

Happy baking!

Hi  I am using the buckwheat cereal from Pocono and I agree, the texture is blah!! I do cut up an apple or a pear and boil it tender, add honey and cinnamon, use the juice to cook my cereal and combine the two.  This is the only way I can eat it.  Not my favorite but since I eliminated eggs and dairy also, I don't have much of a selection for breakfast.  There is several recipes on the back of my box.  I tried the old world cauliflower soup and it was good.  Not sure though if this is what you want.  There is a recipe called cheesy buckwheat with green chilies but have not tried that one.  Let me know if you want the recipes. 

Renaye