AndreaLeigh

Free-Range/natural gluten-free Bouillon Available?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I'm very new to this forum. My son was officially diagnosed with celiac disease last Weds and we are all going gluten-free. I was wondering if anyone knows of any free-range gluten-free chicken bouillon available on the market? We try to stay away from foods from factory farms. I am willing to buy from online stores - just not sure where to look. iHerb.com doesn't seem to have any.

Thank you for your help!

Andrea

I really have no idea what bullion is free range but the title gave me a good chuckle. I pictured little bullion cubes rolling around the pasture.

Do you have any "health food" stores?  like Whole Foods?  They might have something.

How to make broth.  Place leftovers, bones, skin of chicken in crockpot or stove.  Add vegetables if desired for more nutrients.  You can strain out the vegetables if desired when done.  Cook for several hours or until it is golden brown.  It is most flavorful when simmered overnight.

Not sure if they have bullion, but we buy Pacific Natural Foods broths/stocks a lot.  I believe most, if not all, of their stocks/broths are gluten free, and they're also free range/organic.  Whole Foods carries them, and I occasionally see them at regular grocery stores.  I'm sure you can order it online, too.

Thank you. Google wasn't the most helpful (I do try to Google things before asking about them). I wanted to have some bouillon around in case I need a little and don't have time to make stock. We are planning to buy a 2nd freezer now that we have dietary restrictions and I really need to cook food ahead of time. I will be able to make and freeze stock in larger quantities once we do. We do use a stock that is free-ranges and gluten free. I haven't been able to find anything at the local health foods stores but I will keep looking!