d33dee1988

gluten-free Everything Bagel?

Rate this topic

There is a recipe floating around that I have at home on my computer that is positively amazing. It's from a website somewhere that I could link, if I can find the recipe with the note at the bottom that tells me where I got it. You can (of course) turn it into whatever kind of bagel you want. I have never seen bagels other than plain and cinnamon raisin. Not exactly the sort of thing to get you excited. Also, since first making my own I will never again buy a bagel. They're so simple to make (really!) and so incredibly good that you'll never dream of a store bought frozen bagel again.

There is a recipe floating around that I have at home on my computer that is positively amazing. It's from a website somewhere that I could link, if I can find the recipe with the note at the bottom that tells me where I got it. You can (of course) turn it into whatever kind of bagel you want. I have never seen bagels other than plain and cinnamon raisin. Not exactly the sort of thing to get you excited. Also, since first making my own I will never again buy a bagel. They're so simple to make (really!) and so incredibly good that you'll never dream of a store bought frozen bagel again.

Addy, please post the link when you have time. I adore homemade bagels and the process of making them. Are they chewy at all?

http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/11/gluten-free-bagels.html

I'm so glad I've adopted the policy of putting footers in my recipes that tells me where they come from! The video is helpful for making them the first time. I would be much happier with 5 or 6 rather than 4 bagels out of it, they're HUGE! And yes, they're chewy and very much a bagel. They aren't exactly what you remember, but they're so close that it's practically ecstasy to enjoy them. Just make sure you have your cream cheese flavored and whatever before you cook them, because they'll smell so amazing that you won't be able to wait!

http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/11/gluten-free-bagels.html

I'm so glad I've adopted the policy of putting footers in my recipes that tells me where they come from! The video is helpful for making them the first time. I would be much happier with 5 or 6 rather than 4 bagels out of it, they're HUGE! And yes, they're chewy and very much a bagel. They aren't exactly what you remember, but they're so close that it's practically ecstasy to enjoy them. Just make sure you have your cream cheese flavored and whatever before you cook them, because they'll smell so amazing that you won't be able to wait!

Excellent! Thank you. I will make them tomorrow.