This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Me!

skoki-mom

skoki-mom Explorer

Stomach ache is not related to gluten ingestion, because I am always very careful. However, I'm pretty sure the huge Costco sized jar of cashews I have been pigging out is to blame :blink: Bad idea, I know, I won't do it again. In the meantime, I've heard both Tums and Gas-X are off limits, so is there anything I can take to make my gut stop aching??

Lori, who has learned a lesson the hard way....... :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
Stomach ache is not related to gluten ingestion, because I am always very careful.  However, I'm pretty sure the huge Costco sized jar of cashews I have been pigging out is to blame :blink:  Bad idea, I know, I won't do it again.  In the meantime, I've heard both Tums and Gas-X are off limits, so is there anything I can take to make my gut stop aching??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lori:

Pepto-Bismol - all forms are totally gluten free. Sorry about the tummy.

Lisa B.

frenchiemama Collaborator

Try some aloe vera juice.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I use Walmarts brand of Gas-X------Equate Gas Relief, Extra Strength--its gluten free and works very well. Deb

tarnalberry Community Regular

Ginger (with honey is my preference) can help. So can Coke - sometimes you can find Coke syrup on its own for that purpose at a pharmacy.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

When I get nausea(which is one of the main symptoms I get when glutened)I use a homeopathic spray called Stomach Distress by Liddell. I also will sometimes use coke syrup.

nettiebeads Apprentice
Stomach ache is not related to gluten ingestion, because I am always very careful.  However, I'm pretty sure the huge Costco sized jar of cashews I have been pigging out is to blame :blink:  Bad idea, I know, I won't do it again.  In the meantime, I've heard both Tums and Gas-X are off limits, so is there anything I can take to make my gut stop aching??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've used pepto, Wallyworld gas-x, ginger tea helps, chamomile tea does too. Also just curling up with a heating pad helps the tummy to relax some. Hope you're better soon (My tummy just gave me a sympathy twinge - it feels for you!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

My homeopath (who I stay in contact with via e-mail) told me to go and buy sepia at the health food store (it's a homeopathic remedy). She said that 200 C is best. You take one dose of 3 pellets under your tongue once the first day and then again the next day, and that should do it for the time being. If you can only get the 30 C strength (which I had to get), you take 3 pellets three times a day for a week.

When my stomach was very inflamed before I figured out I have Celiac disease, it helped immensely. I have had a stomach ache again since yesterday (no idea what from), and have been using it, and it really helps. I felt relief immediately after the first dose, and it's getting better all the time.

skoki-mom Explorer

Thanks for all the tips! I have had a freaking busy day and have barely slept (I worked nights last night). I plan to get some of the stuff you recommended and keep it on hand for the next time! In the meantime, my cashew problem seems to have passed on it's own, and just be grateful you were not downwind! I love cashews, but I will never eat that many at one time again!!!!!

bknutson Apprentice
Thanks for all the tips!  I have had a freaking busy day and have barely slept (I worked nights last night).  I plan to get some of the stuff you recommended and keep it on hand for the next time!  In the meantime, my cashew problem seems to have passed on it's own, and just be grateful you were not downwind!  I love cashews, but I will never eat that many at one time again!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

skoki I am very new at this but I have lived on mylanta for my stomach aches and the nurse looked it up and said it is gluten free

TheLibertarian Rookie
:) For some kinds of stomach aches and for intestinal pain, lying on a heating pad can help more than taking medicine can (just always make sure the pad is not too hot.)
elonwy Enthusiast

I have pepto at home, at the office, and the savior of my life, Pepto chewable tablets in my purse. Helps with gluten attacks, heartburn - all my tummy troubles. I've been out and about a few times and been saved from having to call it off from being able to pop a couple of those puppies.

When leisurely at home however, I make ginger tea ( also a good immune booster). Take a ginger root, peel it, and slice it up. Put it in a pot of water and simmer/boil it for about 20 minutes. You can drink it hot or cold, it saves well in the fridge, and if you can stand it, munch on the soggy ginger slices ( take them out when its done boiling). Does wonders, and I love the taste now.

Elonwy

• 12 years later...
Lidia T Newbie

Do not use mylanta with honey chamomile as my Nima meter says it has gluten in it.

cyclinglady Grand Master
1 hour ago, Lidia T said:

Do not use mylanta with honey chamomile as my Nima meter says it has gluten in it.

That is odd because their website says that all Mylanta liquid products are gluten free.  

squirmingitch Veteran
On 8/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, Lidia T said:

The Nima sensor gives false positives sometimes. See: 

Open Original Shared Link

Archived