Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Kathyl067

So Sick

Rate this topic

I'm so tired of getting sick.... It comes and goes. I have been diagnosed with Celiacs , doctor says give it time, so I decided to get another opinion . Can't get in to see doctor until end of March. Some days good, some really bad. Light headed , dizzy, feel like I'm going to vomit but just the watery mouth thing. So constipated but linzess and others make me even more sick. Can't seem to find anything that even taste good . Just want to curl up in ball and cry... So frustrated . I hate this....

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. A lot of us started out that way too. Do you know how your doctor diagnosed you with Celiac's Disease? Was a biopsy and blood test performed? If you have access to your test and results it would make it easier to see if a second opinion is really needed. I know it can be hard (from experience) to accept this diagnosis and this disease but you are at risk of further illness if you do not follow the gluten free diet. 

::Hugs::

Jamie

Hang in there! Jamie has given you excellent advice. I can tell you that you will feel better, but it is going to take some time. Focus on you. I cut back on volunteering and housework/projects and just concentrated on my family and my diet. The transition was relatively easy for me since I had been cooking gluten-free for over a decade.

Ugh! I had the flu too. Fever for five days and three weeks total of fatigue. Then I picked up an intestinal virus that lasted for five days and was worse than the flu. I am done with being sick! Today is my first good day since the new year!

It a real grieving process that you must go through.. I was so shocked to get my dx. What? No, it is my husband who can not have gluten -- not me! Now, my health has greatly improved. There is hope!

Take care!

Kathy, have you read the Newbie 101 thread? It'll teach you a lot about celiac and how to avoid cross-contamination.

Light headed , dizzy, feel like I'm going to vomit but just the watery mouth thing.

By any chance, are you taking iron?  If I take iron without taking it with enough food it will do this to me... my salivary glands go nuts and I get naseous and dizzy.  In the past it has made me vomit.  If I take it with a good amount of food, it's fine.

I was quite ill for a while before and after diagnosis.  I kept asking the Gastro doc if there could be anything else going on. It turns out several years later I was dx'd with Lyme disease.  If you have spent time outdoors hiking, gardening, camping, especially in Lyme infected areas like Northeast, Mid-atlantic or Midwest, I would get a Lyme Western Blot test done through IgeneX, Yale or Stonybrook University labs.  Just adding my opinion, because I was attributing all of my symptoms to celiac when in fact they were Lyme.