AprilBeth2013

Does Anyone Go To Starbucks/dunkin/caribou For Coffee?

Rate this topic

I read somewhere - either here or on the Starbucks sight - that mixes are not guaranteed gluten free.  I know there was some controversy last fall about the pumpkin spice lattes not being vegan.  Evidently, it made a lot of vegans angry.  I'll try to find the article later.  I looked up teas as I switched to drinking tea at Starbucks and found that they are gluten free except for four of them.  Naturally, I was drinking one that was not gluten-free.  I'll try to find that article, also.

I was never a big coffee drinker prior to diagnosis but now I stay away from caffeine in general - even my teas I drink are caffeine free.[i really don't need any help from the caffeine with my GI issues being as they are].

Hopefully others can help you figure out what is safe but always read the ingredient list and inform the barista of your gluten free needs.

There is an extreme chance of cc in any starbucks drink, from what I've heard. Both from people online and from asking people who work there. 

That being said, do you guys know of anything at starbucks that has a higher chance of other drinks of being gluten free? Coffee and hot chocolate are made on shared equipment. Anything else that I'm missing?

There is an extreme chance of cc in any starbucks drink, from what I've heard. Both from people online and from asking people who work there. 

That being said, do you guys know of anything at starbucks that has a higher chance of other drinks of being gluten free? Coffee and hot chocolate are made on shared equipment. Anything else that I'm missing?

There are  very few coffee ingredients add-ins at Starbucks that have gluten.    Coffees, expressos, etc should all be safe.  They will let you read the ingredients, if you want a flavoring but most are gluten-free.

I purchase coffee and espresso at many different Starbucks locations along with other coffee shops -- until I developed other intolerances I drank Carmel Macchiatos as a treat once per week...they are gluten free -- yum :)

Coffee is safe...as long as you check the ingredients of flavorings and syrups for gluten...Enjoy!