Rate this topic

I went to a tastefully simple party a few weeks ago and was really excited that they had a new "gluten free" line.  I was a little apprehensive to try them because they are made in a factory that processes what also.  Well I made their brownies yesterday and while they taste good my daughter had a reaction to them within an hour of eating them.  Stomach cramps so bad she was in tears. Has anyone else tried the new products from tastefully simple?  I feel ripped off... 

I'm not against trying products that are "manufactured in" or even "manufactured on" under the right circumstances and with the right phone calls or emails. My sole red flag though, 100% of the time, are facilities that deal in wheat based flours. It lingers in the air and coats everything. Unless they're using a separate room with separate equipment, their products aren't something I would even consider trying because of the products they sell. Because of the number of delicious, safe, sometimes made in gluten free facilities and sometimes certified baking mixes available to us, buying ones made in flour filled facilities just isn't something I think we need to do.

I second what addy said.  Shared facilities I can be okay with but the poofy gluten around it is a recipe for disaster.  Also, I looked on the website out of curiosity and HOLY GUACAMOLE $11.99?!!!  You can buy at least two mixes of other brands for that.  But honestly, I probably would have bought it as well.  It says routinely tested to 20 ppm so it lures you in.  Do they have a money back guarantee or anything like that?  The good thing is that brownies seem the easiest to match gluten-free to the gluteny counterparts so most mixes are pretty darn good.

I went to a tastefully simple party a few weeks ago and was really excited that they had a new "gluten free" line.  I was a little apprehensive to try them because they are made in a factory that processes what also.  Well I made their brownies yesterday and while they taste good my daughter had a reaction to them within an hour of eating them.  Stomach cramps so bad she was in tears. Has anyone else tried the new products from tastefully simple?  I feel ripped off... 

My wife has a severe gluten allergy. She made a tastefully simple vanilla  bean pound cake that states gluten free. Now she is very sick. GLUTEN SENSITIVE PEOPLE DO NOT EAT THIS PRODUCT!!!

You guys that bought their products need to let them know ASAP that you're getting sick.  

That is a good suggestion that many don't think about.  You can also send them a link to the new FDA standards.  You can also report them to the FDA if you feel they are blatantly ignoring what needs to be done, but the product needs to manufactured after this week.