This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yep - There's An App For That

moosemalibu

moosemalibu Collaborator

Well... today I decided that in order to truly feel like I was getting some day to day improvement on the toilet front was to take it very serious and start journaling it. I am gluten free since a gluten challenge that ended late Novemeber. I did get glutened by cross contamination in January. I'm still dealing with the terrible "D" on ocassion with just abnormal BM's. Nothing that I would really consider and stable or normal yet.

OF course there is an app for this! I have an android phone and downloaded one (For free) that helps me keep track of my BMs (time of day, consistency, volume and pain score as well as a notes option). You could even (although I think I'll refrain from this function) take a picture of your poo. 

So there you have it. There's an app for everything these days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

livinthelife Apprentice

OH MY!! I keep a detailed food journal and have dumb symbols for all this "stuff," so it's hilarious to me that there's an app!!! The things we talk about...

w8in4dave Community Regular

Ohhh Jeeze! What the heck? Lol 

anand Newbie

Can u give me the name of the app.. Thanks

moosemalibu Collaborator

Can u give me the name of the app.. Thanks

PoopLog

NoGlutenCooties Contributor

:lol:  that is just too funny... and awesome at the same time.

C-Girl Contributor

There is another one called MySymptoms that I found, I can use it to do all of my food entries and then email a report to my nutritionist. It also does analysis to try to correlate your symptoms to a specific food item. I think it's great, but it takes a lot of effort to put everything in.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

w8in4dave Community Regular

I think being Celiac takes alot of effort anyway :) That sounds interesting!! 

Adalaide Mentor

PoopLog

omg I couldn't stop laughing. poop..... LOG *snicker*

I'll take my 12 year old sense of humor and leave now.

LauraTX Rising Star

omg I couldn't stop laughing. poop..... LOG *snicker*

I'll take my 12 year old sense of humor and leave now.

I, too, am cracking up over here.  LOL

*cough*

But really this is a great use of technology.  I remember when I had bladder problems and saw a urologist she gave me a peepee log to fill out and bring back in, was awkward, to say the least.  Now no one can stumble upon your written descriptions of your poo, it is for your eyes only.  Probably increases patient compliance, especially with the youngins.

Nikki2777 Community Regular

Just be sure you wash those hands before touching the screen :-)

Pooplog - I love it!

cahill Collaborator

I, too, am cracking up over here.  LOL

*cough*.

LOL, :lol: :lol:

cahill Collaborator

I have to admit in my early days and even now on occasion I do track my poo :lol:

It is a helpful diagnostic  tool :rolleyes:  but it is most certainly for my eyes only :lol:

cahill Collaborator

But really this is a great use of technology.  I remember when I had bladder problems and saw a urologist she gave me a peepee log to fill out and bring back in, was awkward, to say the least.  Now no one can stumble upon your written descriptions of your poo, it is for your eyes only.  Probably increases patient compliance, especially with the youngins.

I recently had to do several 24 and 48 hours urine and take them to the lab ,,, that was  very uncomfortable  :ph34r:  :ph34r:   walking into the hosp , check in and going to the lab with these  2 large bottles of urine in my hands :ph34r:

moosemalibu Collaborator

The app has a lock feature where if someone stumbles upon your pooplog.. they can't open it and discover your secrets. LOL

Adalaide Mentor

The app has a lock feature where if someone stumbles upon your pooplog.. they can't open it and discover your secrets. LOL

Forget that. The only way someone besides my husband would have my phone is if they stole it. I want them to be as uncomfortable as possible in that situation.

moosemalibu Collaborator

Forget that. The only way someone besides my husband would have my phone is if they stole it. I want them to be as uncomfortable as possible in that situation.

hahaha fair enough! I am pretty blunt and up front about my GI issues so I don't use the lock feature. I am sure that I'm not everyone's favorite party guest for that reason. LOL

Adalaide Mentor

I don't use the lock feature either because I have the ICE app on my phone, which is completely useless if my phone is locked. I also believe that people shouldn't ask questions they don't want to know the answer to, which includes "how are you?" It shouldn't be expected of people to politely lie. I'm probably not exactly a favorite person in some circles either. :lol: (For instance, the cashier asked me yesterday when I was picking up my lortabs after a root canal and as the novocaine was wearing off and looked generally like hell how I was, I was completely honest.)

Archived