Rate this topic

Well... today I decided that in order to truly feel like I was getting some day to day improvement on the toilet front was to take it very serious and start journaling it. I am gluten free since a gluten challenge that ended late Novemeber. I did get glutened by cross contamination in January. I'm still dealing with the terrible "D" on ocassion with just abnormal BM's. Nothing that I would really consider and stable or normal yet.

OF course there is an app for this! I have an android phone and downloaded one (For free) that helps me keep track of my BMs (time of day, consistency, volume and pain score as well as a notes option). You could even (although I think I'll refrain from this function) take a picture of your poo. 

So there you have it. There's an app for everything these days.

There is another one called MySymptoms that I found, I can use it to do all of my food entries and then email a report to my nutritionist. It also does analysis to try to correlate your symptoms to a specific food item. I think it's great, but it takes a lot of effort to put everything in.

I think being Celiac takes alot of effort anyway :) That sounds interesting!! 

omg I couldn't stop laughing. poop..... LOG *snicker*

I'll take my 12 year old sense of humor and leave now.

I, too, am cracking up over here.  LOL

*cough*

But really this is a great use of technology.  I remember when I had bladder problems and saw a urologist she gave me a peepee log to fill out and bring back in, was awkward, to say the least.  Now no one can stumble upon your written descriptions of your poo, it is for your eyes only.  Probably increases patient compliance, especially with the youngins.

But really this is a great use of technology.  I remember when I had bladder problems and saw a urologist she gave me a peepee log to fill out and bring back in, was awkward, to say the least.  Now no one can stumble upon your written descriptions of your poo, it is for your eyes only.  Probably increases patient compliance, especially with the youngins.

I recently had to do several 24 and 48 hours urine and take them to the lab ,,, that was  very uncomfortable  :ph34r:  :ph34r:   walking into the hosp , check in and going to the lab with these  2 large bottles of urine in my hands :ph34r:

The app has a lock feature where if someone stumbles upon your pooplog.. they can't open it and discover your secrets. LOL

Forget that. The only way someone besides my husband would have my phone is if they stole it. I want them to be as uncomfortable as possible in that situation.

Forget that. The only way someone besides my husband would have my phone is if they stole it. I want them to be as uncomfortable as possible in that situation.

hahaha fair enough! I am pretty blunt and up front about my GI issues so I don't use the lock feature. I am sure that I'm not everyone's favorite party guest for that reason. LOL

I don't use the lock feature either because I have the ICE app on my phone, which is completely useless if my phone is locked. I also believe that people shouldn't ask questions they don't want to know the answer to, which includes "how are you?" It shouldn't be expected of people to politely lie. I'm probably not exactly a favorite person in some circles either. :lol: (For instance, the cashier asked me yesterday when I was picking up my lortabs after a root canal and as the novocaine was wearing off and looked generally like hell how I was, I was completely honest.)