Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

melreis

Blood Blisters In Mouth?

Rate this topic

i "do not" have celiac according to doctors/(had endo/colonoscopy/ bw) so i assume i am ncgi.  i am currently gluten free again after taking a month off.  long story i didn't know what was going on with me and neither did my doctors after 4 months of gluten-free i finally got my period back that was mia for 3 years and stopped having D.  STUPIDLY thinking that i was cured i went back on gluten for about a month and ever so slowly things have gone to s$#& again.  literally.  during those 4 excruciating months i got blood blisters in my mouth.  sometimes they were fluid filled and sometimes just black spots on the insides of my cheeks like i'd bit them, even though i hadn't.  NONE of my drs could explain this to me and im wondering if anybody else has had this.  needless to say im gluten-free again.

Wondering if you have ulcers, too?  I had ulcers and what looked like blood blisters in my mouth prior to diagnosis with celiac and it felt like I was eating crushed glass at mealtimes.  Soooo painful.  I started drinking a fizzy vitamin drink which was v. rich in B12 and C vitamins and they went.   Do you know what your B12 levels are like... might be related?  Mind you, I also had low blood iron and I gather that can cause them too.  Just a thought. 

Wondering if you have ulcers, too?  I had ulcers and what looked like blood blisters in my mouth prior to diagnosis with celiac and it felt like I was eating crushed glass at mealtimes.  Soooo painful.  I started drinking a fizzy vitamin drink which was v. rich in B12 and C vitamins and they went.   Do you know what your B12 levels are like... might be related?  Mind you, I also had low blood iron and I gather that can cause them too.  Just a thought. 

I had canker sore type things before the blisters.  They would go away after 3 days or so.  I couldn't eat even 2 cherry tomatoes without getting them.  Never had b12 checked but yes to low iron.  My feretin levels were still below normal despite a prescription iron supplement I'd been on for three months. 

Usually, the first sign I have been glutened is that I get mouth sores, inside and outside.... The last time I got glutened my lip swelled up so much it looked like I had had Botox treatment!! Explosion of blisters afterwards- canker sores, blisters on my scull, forehead, legs, etc. not too many- Next day D which last for a few days... Nausea, Extremely painful joints, tired, SOO tired... Head spinning, can't make head nor tail out of what is going on...