Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Jackie M 89

Green Drink Free Of Wheat Or Barley

Rate this topic

I would love to purchase a "green drink" powdered drink mix. I have some health issues where I can't eat a large volume of foods at once, so it is difficult to fit in enough fruits and veggies.

I see they ALL have at either wheat grass or barley and many tout a "gluten free" label. I have a wheat intolerance so it doesn't matter the wheat grass is processed prior to gluten being present -- plus I don't trust any company that much. I can't believe I haven't found a single drink mix without grain products in it -- what an untapped market!

Does anyone know of one free of plants we tend to avoid? I

I have trouble with any of the green drinks with wheat or barley. Many people say they are gluten free but i've been sick too many times to believe that.  Its too easy for the protein molecules to transmutate to the grass. SO, what you might like the best is to forgo the powdered mix and take the time to make it yourself. get a vitamix or omega  or juiceman juicer and buy your greens at the local farmers market. Its AN AMAZING difference!

I would love to purchase a "green drink" powdered drink mix. I have some health issues where I can't eat a large volume of foods at once, so it is difficult to fit in enough fruits and veggies.

I see they ALL have at either wheat grass or barley and many tout a "gluten free" label. I have a wheat intolerance so it doesn't matter the wheat grass is processed prior to gluten being present -- plus I don't trust any company that much. I can't believe I haven't found a single drink mix without grain products in it -- what an untapped market!

Does anyone know of one free of plants we tend to avoid? I

I have trouble with any of the green drinks with wheat or barley. Many people say they are gluten free but i've been sick too many times to believe that.  Its too easy for the protein molecules to transmutate to the grass. SO, what you might like the best is to forgo the powdered mix and take the time to make it yourself. get a vitamix or omega  or juiceman juicer and buy your greens at the local farmers market. Its AN AMAZING difference!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't have the finances or energy (disabled) to go the juicing route. I wish I could because I know I'd get so many more nutrients than I would with a green drink. I find it so surprising there are no green drinks out there simply made of fruits, vegetables, and maybe some sea algea!

I agree, with luck eventually you can do it yourself or get a friend to help you do it. the difference is really worth it

good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't have the finances or energy (disabled) to go the juicing route. I wish I could because I know I'd get so many more nutrients than I would with a green drink. I find it so surprising there are no green drinks out there simply made of fruits, vegetables, and maybe some sea algea!

I bought a nutribullet. They are less then $100 or you can buy from the website and make payments if $19.99 per month.

It takes less than 5 min start to finish to make my nutriblast. I use 50% spinach, 50% fruit, and add chia seeds, fill to the line with purified water and blend for 1 min and your done. It would be cheaper in the long run then buying green powderered drinks and takes the same amount of time to make

I bought a nutribullet. They are less then $100 or you can buy from the website and make payments if $19.99 per month.

It takes less than 5 min start to finish to make my nutriblast. I use 50% spinach, 50% fruit, and add chia seeds, fill to the line with purified water and blend for 1 min and your done. It would be cheaper in the long run then buying green powderered drinks and takes the same amount of time to make

i have one of those, too, i loooooooooove it.  it's also great for making your own salad dressings and chip dip.  that thing will puree anything.  i wish i had one just to play with and see what it will chop up before it breaks (omgosh.  i think my husband is rubbing off on me...........)  all dishwasher safe, which is great  :)  great suggestion, lori!

i have one of those, too, i loooooooooove it. it's also great for making your own salad dressings and chip dip. that thing will puree anything. i wish i had one just to play with and see what it will chop up before it breaks (omgosh. i think my husband is rubbing off on me...........) all dishwasher safe, which is great :) great suggestion, lori!

I am going to make salad dressing very soon! I even have my hubby and kids drinking their greens, and that says a lot :-p

"i wish i had one just to play with and see what it will chop up before it breaks"

Buy from the website you get 2!

woot!  i'm thinking of getting a new one, so i can break the old one - that is terrible, i know.  the worst part is, if i suggest it to the hubs, he will jump right on board and we will be wrecking stuff lolz we are a pair of mess........

yeah, i just peel a shallot, onion, garlic, whatever and that thing makes it drinkable - i'm thinking of making spinach & bacon dip (probly use sour cream/mayo or yogurt)  a little garlic powder salt & pepper - 10 seconds laterrrrrrr  :)  love it  :)

i have one of those, too, i loooooooooove it.  it's also great for making your own salad dressings and chip dip.  that thing will puree anything.  i wish i had one just to play with and see what it will chop up before it breaks (omgosh.  i think my husband is rubbing off on me...........)  all dishwasher safe, which is great  :)  great suggestion, lori!

Kid seems to have burned out the motor on his little smoothie maker. A rubber gasket wasn't pushed in correctly and tangled around the blades.

Can you make frozen smoothie drinks with the Nutribullet? He likes to put frozen fruit, juice and protein powder and take it to school to have after his first class ( weight lifting). What size are the containers?