BlessedMommy

California Pizza Kitchen

Rate this topic

I decided to try the California Pizza Kitchen and had a very pleasant experience there. They use procedures approved by the GIG group to prepare the gluten free pizzas. They have 4 pizzas made using those procedures and don't even allow wheat flour in their kitchen, so no airborne wheat. 

Overall, it was great. It's good to see a restaurant that is taking precautions not to cross contaminate the gluten-free food.

I have gone twice now! Fabulous! Not a lot of choices, but that is OK, because they do that to ensure they have safe toppings. ,my 2 favorites - Margarita and BBQ chicken - are on the list. I think you can get a more " regular" kid style cheese pizza that isn't listed.

Yes, I noted how only certain pizzas are guaranteed to be prepared using the procedures, so I refrained from ordering a California Veggie Pizza since it wasn't on the safe list. I just did a sausage, pepperoni, and mushroom option and asked them to remove the meat and cheese and add a bunch of extra mushrooms. I also got a grilled veggie salad and that was great!

I'm going to call them up and recommend that they add their veggie pizza to the gluten-free routine. 

Yes, I noted how only certain pizzas are guaranteed to be prepared using the procedures, so I refrained from ordering a California Veggie Pizza since it wasn't on the safe list. I just did a sausage, pepperoni, and mushroom option and asked them to remove the meat and cheese and add a bunch of extra mushrooms. I also got a grilled veggie salad and that was great!

I'm going to call them up and recommend that they add their veggie pizza to the gluten-free routine.

What they do to ensure no cc of toppings - they take unopened toppings & cheese from the fridge - Not the cheese, etc on the regular prep line. They are willing to guarantee that they have these few toppings extra, in the back. I think we could argue that they have lots of black olives, green peppers, etc and must have some fresh, untouched in the back. But it can be a waste issue if they don't use the toppings.