Rate this topic

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and was recently diagnosed with celiac and colitis. I've been on a gluten free diet for a month. My D and brain fog are much better, but my belly still gets big during the day. I wake up with a flat tummy, and by bedtime I look 6 months pregnant. :( This is very frustrating. I eat a healthy, low-cal diet and exercise, but I look so fat. Any suggestions?

Time.......really! It takes a long time to heal. It has taken me almost a year to heal and I was already knowledgeable about being gluten free since my husband has been gluten free for 13 years.

Have you read the newbie thread under the Coping section? You still might be getting gluten in your diet as there are so many hidden sources of gluten. Most folks have to give up all dairy temporarily since the villi damage in the small intestine makes it hard to digest milk lactose. Others discover other intolerances like soy or corn.

Glad you found us. There are so many helpful people here.