Rate this topic

It has been quite a while since I tasted many gluten-free beers...and now, unbelievably I have kids and their friends wanting a good dark gluten-free beer.  Suggestions?  I may have to try them too ;)

I cook  with gluten-free  beer  but  usually don't  drink  it  but  I like Green's (3 types) dam astura( sp may be  wrong)   there are so many  now  ... I  had one that  was  st something  in a  unique bottle  but it  was sooooo strong.....husband  couldn't  even drink it....it  was  imported....

plus  if  you  are  lucky to live  in a  big  city  several  have  the  micro brew  that   are good..... 

Thanks Guys...just reported to a great gal whom has been gluten-free for a year and her boyfriend has joined in too!

Another vote for Green's, it's supposed to be like a porter I think, though I found it was pretty light tasting (I've only had it once. The Glutenberg red ale if you can find it (It's made in Montreal but they're exporting to a lot of places in the US now) is also a darker beer and pretty tasty, though isn't what you'd call a stout/porter, just a darker red ale.

I was lucky enough to once try a maple porter made by a local gluten free craft brewery (they're still figuring out their new equipment but hope to start bottling in the next year.) It was definitely the best "dark" gluten-free beer I've had.

Bar that, anything New Planet makes is delicious.

Isn't Dam Astra (I don't know the spelling either) one of those mysterious "gluten removed" beers?

(sorry, as soon as someone mentions beer I start gushing)

Thanks Everyone!

Think I'm going to double check dam astra...removing gluten doesn't equal gluten-free in my book.

Am going to look for Greens for my son...he has had a few beers a bit shy of his 21st....his first was when I bought gluten-free beer last st. Patty's to use in the crock with corned beef and he had another at the ballpark with his Dad...Petco Park has gluten-free beer as do many other stadiums now :)

Hey....Greens Beer on St. Patrick's Day....sounds like a twist on a old tradition ;)

"May the road rise up to meet you."

Cheers!