Rate this topic

I have been using the online website glutenfreedrugs.com as a valuable source for all of my medication since I was diagnosed with Celiac 7 years ago.  Recently, I have been experiencing a lot of stomach discomfort so I turned to GASX which was on the glutenfreedrug list. I believe the GASX made me even sicker.  I then searched the internet and found that it was filled with lots of people getting sick from GASX.  This has me worried on the validity of this list.  I am going to be having an outpatient procedure soon and have a list of medication that I need to be taking.  I don't know where to turn now. It is always so difficult getting answers from drug manufacturers. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts?

I don't take gasx but I have a friend that does! I am going to let her know! Thanks for the info! 

I have always, since diagnosis, used personal contact with every single individual manufacturer, or their website if information is available there as my source. I have never considered second hand information that may be out of date as good enough to stake my health on. I have never had issues getting answers, every manufacturer has provided clear and easy information.

Luckily I have had little need to take any medications since going gluten free (its only been 6 months) but I haven't had any issues.  From what I've read, the name-brand prescription drugs are safe if you contact the manufacturer and they verify it to be gluten free.  However, the generics get their filler ingredients from various suppliers and they can't verify that they are gluten-free.  Again - this is just what I've read.  The only prescription drug I've had to take was Vicodin - when I had a root canal.  I just made sure to get the name brand and not a generic.  Other than it making me a bit loopy I didn't have any gluten-related issues with it.  Tylenol and Advil are also ok and most generic versions of these are safe too.  Nyquil is also ok.  If you know ahead of time what you're going to have to take, I would contact each of the manufacturers and/or check their website.