KCG91

Terrible Concentration As A Symptom Of Glutening?

Rate this topic

Managed to gluten myself yesterday, not hugely - a non-gluten-free cereal bar by a manufacturer who also makes gluten-free ones - and had migraine/muscle pain yesterday. No gastro problems really. But today I can't concentrate AT ALL. I'm trying to read for uni and I feel as though I've been working for hours (I haven't) and need a break. Anyone else get this? (The only other time this happens is if I'm getting sick... I have a race on Sunday and really don't need that!)

So sorry :(

Yes, I get a very particular kind of brain fog from accidental gluten.

Drink lots of water.  I do hope you'll feel better tomorrow....if nothing else maybe the run will help sweat it out!

Extra water, nettle tea, activated charcoal and digestive enzymes have helped us shorten the length of symptoms of accidental glutening here...but I'm hopeful your symptoms will be short lived.

Good luck tomorrow :)

Thanks guys. I'm actually glad this is more likely due to gluten than a cold as it'll be gone before the race (which is a week tomorrow - communication skills also zero!). I'm glad my flatmates are away just now as I think all my words would come out as BLAHHHH! with no logical order... Just off to hunt down some nettle tea and squash to help the water down!

I did similar today with some chips. A couple of hours later I was hit with the worst kind of tired in the world and wanted my house completely quiet. Can't even complete a thought.

Hope you feel better so very quickly! Lots of water also helps me!

I have ADD lol I cannot concentrate unless I am super interested! My hubbs has a habit of telling long drawn out stories and then the voice of charlie Browns teacher starts to jump in. I have to force my self to stop and listen. 

I hope I never get Glutened to find out if it will be worse! 

Good luck with your race! :) feel better!

I hope you feel better soon!

I get the brain fog thing too... I can't focus and I walk into things, so many bruises on top of being glutened!

I find lots and lots of sleep/rest really helps.

Good luck on your race!!