Rate this topic

I know I promised to be good after I did all those horrible things to my body to get a confirmed diagnosis for my pain. But I was in Wal-Mart last night to do the last of my shopping for my surgery and walked past the Easter candy, because candy, and there were all the Peeps just staring at me. And there were party cake flavored peeps!!! I suddenly had the self control of a toddler and they came home with me.

For anyone who has seen these and thought about getting them.

They.

Are.

Amazing.

Ohhhhhhh....I love Peeps.  There should be no reason why I should because they are sugar rocket fuel BUT I just love biting their little heads off!  :P   I will have to

find these but I can't eat them until Easter......I gave up all candy for Lent.  I am in semi withdrawal from the Ghirardelli squares.  :(

I am in semi withdrawal from the Ghirardelli squares.  :(

Chocolate isn't candy.

I was at Walmart and did not find this flavor.  But they had Bubble gum, raspberry, lemonade & another flavor.

I saw all these, and also a sour watermelon. My youngest loves all things sour, I think I'll get her a pack. I'll pass. I may get a pack of lemonade ones though, those sounded really good. And as usual I'm sure a few packs of the bubblegum ones will end up in the house. :ph34r:

In what universe is chocolate not candy?  :)   Or is this one of those, I call it tonic and you call it soda?

Candy is sugary. I guess I'm weird. I don't like sugary sweet chocolate. Just... ewww! Nope, not a pop vs soda thing. I just don't think chocolate is candy. Hey, I was just trying to help you! :P If I gave up candy, I'd still be eating chocolate. And also, yes, it is essential to life. B)

So...I never was a peep fan :ph34r: ....but....needed to restock some things at the big w today...the peep displays were impossible to miss.  Mine had the cake and blue raspberry flavors that I saw....somehow a couple packs of the extra large white bunnies ended up in my cart to make choc dipped marshmallow bunnies for my boys...lol...they are damn cute ;)

I should have taken a picture of them, I almost did a bunch of times, but I couldn't stop eating them long enough to get one. I found a good picture of them though. This site has a picture of the package and you can see them in the package. They're in blue sugar and have confetti on them. You can't see the deliciousness and awesomeness, but it's there.
http://goodiesfirst.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b77469e2017ee89f5767970d-pi

The following is the email that I received from the Peep's people today:

We offer many gluten free products under the MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES®, PEEPS®, GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® and TEENEE BEANEE® brands, and we are in the process of updating package labels to include gluten free statements where appropriate.  Because product formulations can change at any time, we encourage consumers to refer to our package labels for the most up-to-date ingredient and allergen information.  All of our candies that we label as gluten free meet the criteria outlined by the FDA for labeling products as gluten free, and do not contain wheat, rye, barley, oats or crossbreeds of these grains in their manufacture.  The modified food starch used in our candies is corn starch. There is some fructose in corn syrup, which we do use. We do not, however, use high fructose corn syrup. Please be aware, however, that because some of our products may be manufactured and/or packaged in a facility that may also handle non gluten free products, we encourage consumers to read the labels carefully for the most up-to-date ingredient and allergen information.