Rate this topic

Hi,

After several years off Lexipro (since before I was diagnosed with Celiac) my doctor thinks I should really go back on it.  What's the word on Lexipro these days or maybe its generic (don't know what it is) being gluten free?  Anybody have any experience with it?  Truth be told, I probably need it or a gluten-free equivalent...

Thanks!

Ok...how about Escitalopram Oxalate (the generic for Lexipro).  The pharmacist looked at all the ingredients and did not think it had any gluten in it.

Anybody here have experience with this drug???

Or other gluten free options for depression and anxiety?  Of course insurance company won't pay for the brand name Lexipro.

How long have you been gluten-free? My anxiety has diminished significantly (ask my family) in the year I have been gluten-free. Gluten can mess with your head too -- not just your gut!

Sorry, that no one has responded. You can check glutenfreedrugs.com.

Whoops you beat me to an update on this subject.

Actually being gluten free did not provide me the more "miraculous" results of feeling better and more energy, etc..I've been gluten free over three years.  BUT without gluten my liver stopped failing, I wasn't yellow, the doctors were amazed and pleased...that was good enough for me. Mine was an extremely unusual diagnosis.

Now...actually Escitalopram Oxalate is a Camber Pharmaceuticals product and ALL Camber products are gluten free.  It says so right on the home page of their site:

http://camberpharma.com/

So anyway this is the first time I did research myself on a prescription medication and wanted to share it for those wondering about this generic for Lexapro.

Don't forget, guys, that usually there is more than one generic manufacturer of a drug.  So if you can include the manufacturer that you know to be gluten-free, it will be more helpful for the OP.