Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

What cracker do y'all think is closest to good ol' Premium Saltines? I love raw oysters, but I want a cracker with them, and so far none seem as good as (or even close to) Saltines.

I haven't had a cracker that even comes close to a saltine.  I learned a long time ago not to compare gluten free items with a gluten counterpart.  It was a big disappointment.  My family likes the Schar table cracker, Glutino crackers, Nut Thins/Nut Thin Artisan, and Nabisco gluten free crackers.

I haven't found anything like a Saltine.  These have a nice bland flavor that might be good in soup.  They are not salty & are thick so might not melt well in soup.  They do hold up well to cheese spreads or PB. They are more like an "oyster cracker" in taste I would think. They also have a "table cracker" that might be OK.  I haven't tried them yet.

http://www.glutino.com/products/crackers/original-crackers/

Breton crackers  are  very yummy but  do contain soy which is not good for me....

The closest  cracker  out there  to a  saltine  is Galbusera.. zero grano., they  come  from Italy  &  are  packaged in  4 crackers  to  a wrapper  with  12 twelve  wrappers  in a  package....the only thing  is  they are  not  salty like a  salted  saltine... but again  we are told to limit  salt intake for  health  reasons....and  if  you reall want  salt  you can  dampen  the  tops  with water  & add  salt or  butter  them then add salt....