adrenalin

Lager Post, Fosters Carling Etc Says Contains Wheat

Rate this topic

Hi i have read some posts on here about lager. I saw that fosters lager contain barley and wheat. I cant seam to find any info on ppm or ingredients. I know some things are trace amounts so have list it, i.e milk in wine even though no milk left just possible trace amounts as saw this on tv.

I came back negative on colieac blood test nhs, but eat no bread at all or any meal or food with gluten aprt minor contaminations like domioes gluten free pizza etc. I live  alone so no gluten in house but do admit have larger known again in excess.

I was just curious what info people knew of, i know other lagers must have less than foster caring as dont say wheat just malted barely.

I avoid wheat as have cfs / m.e so avoid it as think makes me more tired and bunged up but mainly bloated. I havent eaton wheat for a year apart from if have lager which is sometimes not for months sometimes few times a months in summer i tend drink lager more.

I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking..... so I'll answer with the general rule as this is a Celiac website -

People with Celiac Disease should not have any barley or wheat - in beer or otherwise.  Regular beer is not safe for Celiacs.

It doesn't matter to a Celiac what the ppm are on these beers as they are likely over the currently considered safe threshold of <20ppm.  Therefore, we don't keep track of if one beer has more gluten than another - a little gluten is bad.

Adrenalin, your post is a little hard to understand.  Am I correct that you are saying you have CFS-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome also known in the UK as M.E, and that your tests for celiac disease were negative but you still feel better on a gluten-free diet?  If you are eating dominos gluten-free pizza and drinking lager, you are definitely consuming gluten.  

As far as the wheat/barley/gluten levels in a beer, because this is a Celiac forum, the only information we are able to provide you with is whether something is gluten-free or not.  Generally, Barley is one of the primary ingredients in traditional beer.  If you are sensitive to wheat or gluten, you may want to try drinking gluten-free beers.

I hope I was able to help with your question, if you post a reply or any more posts, give them a second look over for readability so we can help you more.

I avoid wheat as have cfs / m.e so avoid it as think makes me more tired and bunged up but mainly bloated. I havent eaton wheat for a year apart from if have lager which is sometimes not for months sometimes few times a months in summer i tend drink lager more.

I drink cider now. It's probably even more suited to a summers day than a lager. I love beer, lager, ale, stout etc and of course I miss it, but feeling better is far more important to me. The bonus is that what I thought was a hangover was actually 70% glutening so I feel a lot better the day after as well!  I have bought a couple of gluten free beers to try when the time is right.

Maybe if your problem is wheat allergy related you'd be ok with corona, which is made with barley and tests very low for gluten. As I've not yet established whether I'm celiac that's not really an option for me. Good luck!