ColtonBarnes

Glutened From Chicken And Pork

Rate this topic

Perhaps how or where the meat was prepared, seasonings used, cutting board used to slice, can all be sources of cross contamination. Some brands of meat are not gluten free. Boars Head and Hormel, for instance, label their products gluten free. Have you ever read the labels if you bought the meat that you got sick from?

Well last time it happened i was visiting my parents so they cooked it for me, but they said it was plain and everything, just mixed with veggies. but no, i didnt read the label, but it was cut on a cutting board that probably rarely gets washed cause its wooden, so maybe it was cross contamination

Yes - a cutting board very well could be the culprit. You can give your parents a plastic floppy cutting board (inexpensive) to use for you exclusively so it doesn't get cross contaminated. Another board member gives her friends/family these and finds it helpful.

Well last time it happened i was visiting my parents so they cooked it for me, but they said it was plain and everything, just mixed with veggies. but no, i didnt read the label, but it was cut on a cutting board that probably rarely gets washed cause its wooden, so maybe it was cross contamination

It might be that anything your parents would have cooked would have gluten. If you didn't supervise, read every label & make sure the utensils, pans, colanders are free of gluten.....who knows