Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

JosieToo

"best Practices" For The Newly Diagnosed

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I’m on a few other forums for people with Celiac Disease and I am frequently concerned by the misinformation about the disease, its treatment and the intricacies of going gluten free. I would like to put together a “first steps” guide to Celiac Disease for those who have been newly diagnosed.

I would love to hear your “best practices” with respect to Celiac Disease. What do you wish you’d have known when you were first diagnosed? What tips would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed and is scared and confused? What myths and misinformation do you hear about Celiac Disease? Can you share any links to other pages that offer tips for the newly diagnosed?

Would love your feedback! Thanks in advance.

Since this is not a medical Web Site, I don't feel any information gleaned from this site should be copied for use on other sites which may be out of context.  There are also copyright issues involved.  However if a member wants to give you THEIR OPINION, separate from c.com then that is their right.

Thanks

Colleen