Rate this topic

how  kind of you  to  feed  another's  cat..... not  many  like  you...  Yes,  if you  go to  any  of the  major  pet food  stores  you will find  gluten free  cat food... Our  kitty likes  Wellness  brand  &  wervuva ( sp?) brand.... but there  are many others....

Thanks  again  for  feeding  kitties! Our   animals  all are gluten-free....

I know some might consider it wasteful, but if your concern is your bowl you could just use a paper bowl. We always used paper bowls for my husband's cat because canned cat food smells like vomit (imo) and I didn't want that being brought back in the house dried on and needing to be cleaned up. YUCK!

I have special bowls for  the dog and cats. I don't let them eat out of our dishes. We buy heavy duty crocks. They won't blow away and are reusable. But I don't think Gluten is good for dogs and cats anyway! There are alot of brands out there Gluten free or grain free. 

It was very easy to find gluten free cat food! They had a lot of it at the pet store.

So...it looks like a stray tomcat is adopting us and I went to the Petco store today and picked up a bag of Nature's Recipe dry cat food and some Wellness brand cat treats.

I also got some canned cat food that is 9 Lives brand and it has just stuff like meat, meat by products, guar gum, vitamins, etc. No grains.

So if we adopt this kitty, he will be on a gluten free diet too!

My Kitty has recurrent urinary tract infections so we have switched her to the Royal Canin canned urinary diet (by vet RX only) and it is gluten free.  Hooray!

I read or heard somewhere that tuna is not really good for cats. I recall that it was a vet that was saying/writing this, but I don't recall the reason. He/she suggested that instead of feeding them the tuna, it was better to just give them some of the water that the tuna is packed in.

I still give my kitties tuna, but I try to limit the amounts.