BlessedMommy

Fringe Benefits To Making Kitchen gluten-free

Rate this topic

I never expected to enjoy deglutening my house as much as I have!

Being a kitchen and cooking junkie, but also being somewhat of a tightwad in some areas, it was wonderful to have a medical excuse to buy new kitchen stuff.  :D

So far (between birthday gifts and personal purchases) I've gotten a:

1) New cookie sheet

2) New pizza stone

3) New set of silicone spatulas

4) Two new quality wooden spoons

5) One new silicone spatula and one metal spatula

6) One new quality metal spoon

7) New cutting board

8) New Dutch Oven pot

9) New stock pot

My waffle iron, toaster, flour sifter, and blender have always been gluten-free, so no worries there.

The peace of mind of having a gluten-free kitchen is well worth the effort and to boot, I get shiny new kitchen stuff after using old scratched up stuff for a long time.

Thanks to those who encouraged me and answered my questions about making my kitchen gluten-free. I'm loving the end result. :)

BlessedMommy

Asking  questions  & listening always  pays  off,,,  glad  you have  peace of mind... it  is  always nice  to feel  safe......I felt  such a  relief  when  I  made a gluten-free    home....

BlessedMommy

Asking  questions  & listening always  pays  off,,,  glad  you have  peace of mind... it  is  always nice  to feel  safe......I felt  such a  relief  when  I  made a gluten-free    home....

Yes, it is a relief. It's so much easier to cook when I'm not worrying about CC the whole time. Easier on my hands too! (I used to be constantly washing my hands when making my husband's work sandwiches!)

I, too, enjoyed these fringe benefits when I had to replace everything.  I took the opportunity to get the nice kind of everything so it lasts a good long while, basically for Christmas I told people I want kitchen store gift cards and bought what I wanted.  It was very nice because I, too, am usually a cheapo when buying things for myself and have a hard time splurging.

I'm still waiting to get a new toaster.  I never thought I would miss it, because I never ate a lot of toast...but it would be very convenient when having something like a bagel.  I'm trying to find an affordable pink one!  I'd love to get a new magic bullet.  I haven't made a smoothie in years!  We have used it for graham crackers, making bread crumbs, etc, so there is no way I'd touch that now with a 10 foot pole.