Fenrir

Gluten Free At Fast Food Place?

Rate this topic

I used to Manage a McDonald's back in the day and I can tell you they fry Chicken, Chicken nuggets, and Fish along with fries and hashbrowns all in the same friers. I would not trust it!

That is a serious violation of McDonalds rules and, if it happened (and was detected) more than once, it would get a corporate store manager fired and would be cause for termination of a franchise. The fries are a signature product that must be untainted. Just saying.

If you don't already know, potato products (fries, hash browns) are fried in dedicated fryers at the front of the store by the window crew. All other fried foods are done in the back by the grill crew. The barrier where the grill crew pass their orders to the window crew for delivery is between the two sets of fryers. It would take a significant walk by either crew to use the other fryers.

I read the topic and it caught my eye so i would like to add that I had also been working in MC Donalds and I am not sure about the meet i have never actually tasted it but for the bread i am sure that it is not gluten free and also about the salt cookies from MCCaffe 

I've eaten McD's French fries more times than I care to admit and have never had a single problem... and I am SUPER sensitive. I believe them when they say their French fries are fried in a dedicated fryer. One mistake and I'll be ALL OVER THEM!!