Rate this topic

For thriftiness sake, I usually use white corn tortillas in the place of something a gluten eater would use a flour tortilla in, like soft tacos or burritos.  White corn tastes less corn-y than yellow.  I like Rudi's gluten-free fiesta tortillas, but because they are about a dollar apeice, I only use them for quesadillas.   Yellow corn tortillas are good for use inside things like enchiladas or casseroles, and I will bake them into taco shells to save on fat.

As for the non-gmo part, I have seen organic corn tortillas, but it may take some looking.  Bob's red mill has non gmo masa harina.

there are a few  gluten-free tortillas on the markets. Maybe your store can get them or check the online mall here. I just found  some mini ones today while traveling and visiting a small store. Only corn in them and soft, not  hard tacos. also brown rice ones are easy to roll up.

good luck

What do you do for tortillas? Anybody found a gluten-free flour tortilla recipe that works? What about non-gmo masa harina?

Food for Life brown rice tortillas are pretty good when heated (hard/breaky otherwise). Our local supermarket has them in the freezer section. We keep them frozen until ready to eat, then thaw them individually at room temp for about 20 minutes, then put in the microwave for a very short while.

For thriftiness sake, I usually use white corn tortillas in the place of something a gluten eater would use a flour tortilla in, like soft tacos or burritos.  White corn tastes less corn-y than yellow.  I like Rudi's gluten-free fiesta tortillas, but because they are about a dollar apeice, I only use them for quesadillas.   Yellow corn tortillas are good for use inside things like enchiladas or casseroles, and I will bake them into taco shells to save on fat.

As for the non-gmo part, I have seen organic corn tortillas, but it may take some looking.  Bob's red mill has non gmo masa harina.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into getting it on Amazon. :) I have a tortilla press and have made lots of corn tortillas in the past, but prefer to switch to organic or non gmo masa harina and it's much harder to find than the regular.

I think Gluten Free on a Shoestring has a recipe that essentially just uses a bread mix to make flour tortillas in the skillet.  I've enjoyed it but I usually use corn tortillas when I'm doing mexican.  It was nice to be able to make wraps for lunch without using lettuce leaves though.