CajunChic

No Follow Up Planned, Should I Worry?

Rate this topic

Because my dr "strongly believes I have celiac though it didn't show up yet" -it isn't on any medical charts, so I have no follow up scheduled. Should I be concerned of vitamin levels? I'm only aware of low ferritin because I was seeking answers for hair loss prior to a celiac dx. Any concern or blow it off like my dr has? It's been a long battle here, where celiac is almost unheard of. I've been gluten-free for about 9 months now.

I don't use doctors much, but I surely wanted some help when I was diagnosed.  I would at least keep an eye on that ferritin level while taking natural supplements.  My ferritin level seemed really tied to foggy brain and fatigue.  If you feel really good, perhaps it would be fine for you to consider not to.  Otherwise you may want to consider if you have other food intolerances, thyroid problems, or osteoporosis.

Dee

I had negative blood work. Based on your biopsy, genes and if you're feeling better gluten-free that should confirm a celiac diagnosis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15996156 I don't see why you're "officially and unofficial celiac." Yes, you should have your vitamin levels checked and see what you may need to supplement. If your doctor won't check, and won't consider you celiac it may be time to fire him and find a new one. Remember, doctors work for you because you're paying them. See one you like who takes you seriously and treats you well.

I guess he officially diagnosed me, but nothing 100% confirmed it. I'm seen as the drama queen in his office, so I'd rather not go back there and get vitamin levels checked. But I find myself in a strange position to ask for a vitamin level check because my dr said I'm celiac, though I have no definite dx. I'm thinking I'll talk to my GYN in July during my annual and see if she'll order them.

I guess he officially diagnosed me, but nothing 100% confirmed it. I'm seen as the drama queen in his office, so I'd rather not go back there and get vitamin levels checked. But I find myself in a strange position to ask for a vitamin level check because my dr said I'm celiac, though I have no definite dx. I'm thinking I'll talk to my GYN in July during my annual and see if she'll order them.

OB/GYNs like that stuff! Tell them you don't really have a regular doctor. Get your thyroid checked while you are at it. Mine will do cholesterol, blood sugar, etc if they think they are the only doctor you are seeing.

OB/GYNs like that stuff! Tell them you don't really have a regular doctor. Get your thyroid checked while you are at it. Mine will do cholesterol, blood sugar, etc if they think they are the only doctor you are seeing.

Thanks! I sure hope she does!