Rate this topic

I'm going to post this here instead of starting a new posting because I have a spice issue that I didn't expect.  I had been doing the Live Below the Line challenge, so everything I've been eating (what little there was), was homemade of ingredients I felt sure of.  Then on Thursday I woke up just feeling sick.  I thought it was that I wasn't eating enough and maybe was dehydrated (it's been hot), but today, I had what I think of as a definitive glutening symptom for me of tingling neuropathy in my wrists.  The only thing that was different from the other food that I'd been eating the previous days was that I had opened a new container of Target's Market Pantry garlic powder to use on my potatoes.

Has anyone else gotten glutened from these spices or seasonings?  I'm guessing that there was factory contamination since there was no additional nutrition info on the jar.

It continually makes me sad that I am so damn sensitive.

I generally buy mccormick spices, and I don't buy any of the target house brands because they don't label gluten-free items and they are really hard to get info out of when you call them.  If you are a super sensitive celiac and react to things other celiacs may not react to, you may want to check out some of the solutions people have come up with in the super sensitive category here in the forum.  Although it is a pain in the rump to do so, you may want to consider only using fresh garlic and other things like onions and herbs instead of getting the dried processed kind.

how are you doing living below the line?  (laura, i think fresh herbs would be too expensive.  the live below the line is trying to live below the poverty line.)  what is it $1.50 per day?   or per meal?  and that is per person, right?   i saw something on tv about it and only caught part of it.  it was very thought provoking :)