Waitingindreams

Digestive Enzymes - Vitalzymes By Klaire Labs

Rate this topic

Hi All!

So I've taken digestive enzymes before, but one of my doctors recommended that I try a specific brand called Vitalzymes. I've included a link to the ingredients/product information for you:

http://www.klaire.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=K-VZM

Does anyone have any experience with this brand or product? He wants me to take 3 pills per meal. It is supposed to help you digest gluten (not that I am insinuating that i would start taking it to digest gluten intentionally - especially since I am sure this is more for people with a gluten intolerance rather than celiac disease) but is it possible it would help with accidental consumption of gluten/CC issues? I have heard of an enzyme that some of you have taken that seems to help with the gluten, but I can't remember what it's called.

Anyway, the doctor has these right in his office so I won't need to pay shipping/handling or anything! Again, I am not going to intentionally eat gluten I am just curious if Glucoamylase/Amylase really do have any effect on the digestion of gluten? If not, do these look like a good digestive enzyme? I've only tried one other brand, that was specifically formulated for the SCD diet, so I'm not sure what to look for.

Thanks in advance!

We  have  an allergy  doctor here in my area  Dr Kerry  who  also  does alternative  treatments  he  swears  by  Klaire ... I  haven't  used  this  product  by Klaire  but  I  have  used  others....with no problems....