Scott Adams

Jimmy Kimmel Skewers Clueless Gluten-Free Dieters - Celiac.com

Rate this topic

Jimmy Kimmel Skewers Clueless Gluten-free Dieters

Celiac.com

Celiac.com 05/13/2014 - Overall, increased awareness of celiac disease and gluten intolerance has been a good thing, right? Image: Wikimedia Commons Generally, more people are being diagnosed, and gluten-free food options are more numerous and ...

View the full article

scott, you should offer yourself up to get on the show and set the record straight before kimmel "looses any more viewers"

Jimmy Kimmel Skewers Clueless Gluten-free Dieters
Celiac.com
Celiac.com 05/13/2014 - Overall, increased awareness of celiac disease and gluten intolerance has been a good thing, right? Image: Wikimedia Commons Generally, more people are being diagnosed, and gluten-free food options are more numerous and ...

View the full article

I hope people with Celiac are not seriously offended by this. He says clearly at the beginning that some people have a medical reason for not eating gluten but it is pretty clear that he is just making fun of people who make dietary choices without knowing what they are doing.

yeah but he also said that some people have a medical reason for not eating gluten aggravate him too. -- 

I hope people with Celiac are not seriously offended by this. He says clearly at the beginning that some people have a medical reason for not eating gluten but it is pretty clear that he is just making fun of people who make dietary choices without knowing what they are doing.

yeah but he also said that some people have a medical reason for not eating gluten aggravate him too. -- 

I missed it the first time but seems to me that he was kidding. I think sometimes people just need to relax, he's a comedian trying to make a joke, maybe it's not funny but not sure why anyone would be offended.

people get offended at all sorts of crap, including stupid stuff like this. I just get tired of hearing it all the time from chefs I work with.

people get offended at all sorts of crap, including stupid stuff like this. I just get tired of hearing it all the time from chefs I work with.

It would be annoying if you here it all the  time from people you know or if they mean it.

On one hand, I think people who go gluten free for no reason are pretty silly. On the other, I don't mind at all because they are helping to make gluten-free products available to those of us who can't eat it.

But the derogatory jokes probably do more harm than good. It isn't going to help anyone to have people who need to not want to go gluten free because they are afraid to face ridicule. All you have to do is imagine a third grader getting bullied because they can't eat gluten to make the jokes not so funny.