Rate this topic

After having reactions after eating different products that claim to be gluten free, I've now started calling just about any 'manufactured' food I buy. (At first I thought any grain product was causing me to react... now I'm hoping it's just cross-contamination).

Just called Glutino about their crackers. Their crackers are made on lines that use gluten products, so there is a risk of cross-contamination. Supposedly under 10 parts per.... (still don't have the lingo down).

Apparently their breakfast bars and english muffins are okay though!

That's a dedicated facility. 

Not according to the woman I spoke to at the Glutino plant.  She stated that it was not a dedicated facility but the lines were cleaned.  Call them.  1 201 421 3970.

She stated the crackers were not on dedicated lines, but breakfast bars and english muffins were made in another facility which was fully gluten free.

To tell you the truth, with a name like "Glutino," I was shocked to hear the crackers weren't on dedicated lines.

I looked on Glutinos website and could find no information about dedicated anything...just a short statement that they do their best to prevent contamination... I wrote them to ask.  Will post my reply when I get it.

Please do. 

I asked a fellow celiac (who is also Canadian) what he knows about the Glutino company and he replied:

Some Glutino product production is outsourced, but it is my understanding that all are produced in dedicated gluten-free facilities. IIRC, the pretzels are made in Israel.

The bakery in Laval (N of Montreal) is a dedicated gluten-free facility.

Edited by IrishHeart

Here's the reply I got from Glutino when I asked about whether their crackers were made on a dedicated line.

If I understand correctly, their crackers are not included as something that is made on a dedicated line. (Unlike many of their other products...this fits with what the woman on the phone told me as well). 

I don't know how I feel about it, as I've been accidentally glutened by products that are made on non-dedicated lines.... But perhaps they are safer about it than other places.

Dear ....,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Glutino. We always appreciate hearing from consumers who care enough to reach out to us with their comments or questions.

As a pioneer in the gluten-free industry, Glutino is committed to creating the best tasting gluten-free products. All of Glutino’s pastas, breads, bagels, bars, and baking mixes are made in dedicated gluten free facilities. Regardless of where we produce the products, our stringent quality control processes go beyond industry standards and all products must pass rigorous internal and external testing for gluten before distribution.

Thank you for choosing Glutino products. We hope you continue to enjoy our products for many years to come!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Glutino
www.glutino.com  
201-421-3970

Here's the reply I got from Glutino when I asked about whether their crackers were made on a dedicated line.

If I understand correctly, their crackers are not included as something that is made on a dedicated line. (Unlike many of their other products...this fits with what the woman on the phone told me as well). 

I don't know how I feel about it, as I've been accidentally glutened by products that are made on non-dedicated lines.... But perhaps they are safer about it than other places.

Dear ....,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Glutino. We always appreciate hearing from consumers who care enough to reach out to us with their comments or questions.

As a pioneer in the gluten-free industry, Glutino is committed to creating the best tasting gluten-free products. All of Glutino’s pastas, breads, bagels, bars, and baking mixes are made in dedicated gluten free facilities. Regardless of where we produce the products, our stringent quality control processes go beyond industry standards and all products must pass rigorous internal and external testing for gluten before distribution.

Thank you for choosing Glutino products. We hope you continue to enjoy our products for many years to come!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Glutino

www.glutino.com  

201-421-3970

Yeah, that didn't mention the crackers.....

I just got the same reply in my email.  Sounds a bit like they are skirting around the direct question I asked.  I'm not a big fan of their products anyways, so it goes into the knowledge file in my head.

Kind of wierd. I got the same reply. I then asked about the crackers and explained they weren't mentioned. I am thinking its just a mistake. but we will see. I really like the bagel chips and have no problem with them. One of my kids & I like the plain round ones with PB.

Their Oreo type cookies are amazing. Fooled non-Gluten-Free people

Yes, yes they are.  I can't buy them anymore because I lose control and eat the whole thing!