FruitEnthusiast

Reaction To Omega 3 Capsules

Rate this topic

I was leery to try Omega 3 capsules, since I had such a reaction to tuna 6 weeks ago. My ND assured me that since there was no protein in fish oil, it shouldn't be a problem. Wrong. This is not the first time she has asked me to try something I had doubts about that has made me sick!

I was feeling good today until I tried one Omega 3 cap. Now I have nausea, headache, sore throat, irritated eyes, ear and sinus pain, some dizziness.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I wouldn't take advice from that person any more.  You can get omega 3's from flaxseed oil, it is also readily available in capsules.

Thank you, I didn't know about flaxseed oil capsules. I agree with you, time to find someone better qualified to help me in the future. I was feeling great, and I still feel sick today from that one capsule yesterday.

I haven't been able to tolerate supplements for the past three years or so : (

Wish I could at least get pro-biotic and a few key nutrients in me.

No supplements, really, not even a probiotic :( so sorry to hear that. That is just too unfair!

What kind of symptoms do you get when you try them, probably different depending on the supplement.

I hope that changes for you at some point... I am going to be sending you positive energy that it will :)

Oh, you can also get flax oil in loose form, I think I usually see it refrigerated.  But I find it easier to remember to take the capsules

I was getting better and that one fish oil capsule completely messed me up. My C was resolving now it's back, along with my anxiety. I still feel sick. Here's hoping this passes quickly. It takes very little to throw my body off and keeps happening over and over. I can't believe how sensitive I still am inside. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

I was getting better and that one fish oil capsule completely messed me up. My C was resolving now it's back, along with my anxiety. I still feel sick. Here's hoping this passes quickly. It takes very little to throw my body off and keeps happening over and over. I can't believe how sensitive I still am inside. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Feel better!

Thanks you guys!

I feel better today than yesterday :) Hoping the digestive part resolves soon, too soon to tell.

I have to look up flax and chia seeds to find out if I can tolerate them or not. I'm waiting until I recover completely from this current thing to try anything else. You know how that goes...

Thanks you guys!

I feel better today than yesterday :) Hoping the digestive part resolves soon, too soon to tell.

I have to look up flax and chia seeds to find out if I can tolerate them or not. I'm waiting until I recover completely from this current thing to try anything else. You know how that goes...

Unfortunately...only too well.

I would not trial anything for at least a week -- maybe longer -- I know what is like to be trying healthy things only to have major setbacks.

Hang in there :)

I had a problem with tuna and fish oil capsules.  It turns out that most canned fish and meats contain broth which contains soy and I react strongly to soy.  Regarding Omega 3, try chia seeds or chia capsules.  They are loaded with Omega 3 oil.

Thanks :) Good to know. I have avoided soy all along since it's a potential problem food for so many, and because of the GMO factor. I don't think the tuna I was eating had soy. It was Wild Planet tuna from a health food store. I think they are really good about listing all the ingredients, but I can't say for sure.

It's more complicated for me, I have a histamine intolerance now so that's why I have had such a bad reaction to canned fish, and now fish oil. Unfortunately I have to be super careful. This is day six being sick from the fish oil. I feel better today, but my digestive system is still not happy. It will be a while before I can try chia, but I'm glad to know it's available in capsules.