Rate this topic

I had no idea now powerful tahini paste was. I found a paste today to make hummus tomorrow. Opened it tonight. Yucked!! There is a reason the recipe says 2 cans chick peas 2 tbs  tahini.... just saying...

if you have good recipe, love to hear it. I have been eating every day. Don't have info - no oil!!

welcome all recipes.... no soybean oil though.... no dairy.. TY

do you mean the tahini spoiled or you just didnt like it?   You can try  less -- cut with a little lemon juice.  Alos try  almond peanut butter instead of the tahini.

I had no idea now powerful tahini paste was. I found a paste today to make hummus tomorrow. Opened it tonight. Yucked!! There is a reason the recipe says 2 cans chick peas 2 tbs  tahini.... just saying...

if you have good recipe, love to hear it. I have been eating every day. Don't have info - no oil!!

welcome all recipes.... no soybean oil though.... no dairy.. TY

That's a good question. I've never bought it before. But I'm pretty sure it's just a lot stronger than I thought it would be.  It looked like peanut butter, so I put a big finger full in my mouth! lol I know... but it did smell good!

On the other hand, my hummus turned out fair. Going to have to play with the recipe. I think I'll roast the garlic next time. And use more lemon juice. On another post, I was asking for advice for food processors so I am looking forward to making peanut and almond butter! That sounds really good.

Thanks!

you just need a tiny bit of tahini to get flavor and effect.   We make hummus weekly  and play with recipes all the time. 

No substitute for  vitamix --  its expensive but you'll never need another blender/processor

good luck

That's a good question. I've never bought it before. But I'm pretty sure it's just a lot stronger than I thought it would be.  It looked like peanut butter, so I put a big finger full in my mouth! lol I know... but it did smell good!

On the other hand, my hummus turned out fair. Going to have to play with the recipe. I think I'll roast the garlic next time. And use more lemon juice. On another post, I was asking for advice for food processors so I am looking forward to making peanut and almond butter! That sounds really good.

Thanks!