This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hershey's Help!

Kailynsmom

Kailynsmom Apprentice

I am trying to find out if Hershey's Original Milk Chocolate Bar is gluten-free? hershey's website is no help, and the phone number is busy every time I call.

The only questionable ingredient is the vanilla...does anybody know if it is gluten-free? Or of another way to contact Hershey's to get this information?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yes they are gluten free. Also, Hershey's will clearly indicate gluten on the label in the form of wheat,rye,barley,oats.

jerseyangel Proficient

I called Hershey's yesterday (the line was busy numerous times, but I finally got thru) to ask about York Peppermint Patties. The person I spoke to, after hearing my question, asked me if I had Celiac and I said yes. She said that Hershey's took food allergies and Celiac Disease very seriously and proceded to answer my question by going over the ingredients one by one. (And yes, the PP's are gluten-free). She was so nice and when I saw your post I had to chime in!

tpineo Rookie
I am trying to find out if Hershey's Original Milk Chocolate Bar is gluten-free? hershey's website is no help, and the phone number is busy every time I call.

The only questionable ingredient is the vanilla...does anybody know if it is gluten-free? Or of another way to contact Hershey's to get this information?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Original size bar is gluten-free, Snack size milk chocolate bar is gluten-free, minature size bars are NOT gluten-free. Chocolate ghosts, bats, and reese pumpkins (in combo bag) are gluten-free. Hersheys will label wheat, rye, barley, and oats on the label. BUT with their halloween minatures this year it says malt only on some bags (not barley).

If you can get thru to them by phone they are usually helpful and they will send you a list of gluten-free products. Tania

Kailynsmom Apprentice

Thanks for the replies!

The bar I have is one of those jumbo ones...using it for smores and for inside of gluten-free muffins.

The only questionable ingredient is the vanilla, but like I said still no help from Hershey's!

What about snickers? Yum!

Original size bar is gluten-free, Snack size milk chocolate bar is gluten-free, minature size bars are NOT gluten-free.  Chocolate ghosts, bats, and reese pumpkins (in combo bag) are gluten-free.  Hersheys will label wheat, rye, barley, and oats on the label.  BUT with their halloween minatures this year it says malt only on some bags (not barley). 

If you can get thru to them by phone they are usually helpful and they will send you a list of gluten-free products.  Tania

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Hershey's was a total pain in the a$$ today. Busy line, web site useless.... Finally got through after being disconnected several times... Jolly Ranchers and some new recess pieces with peanuts and a crunchy shell.... *I've never seen them before last night* anyway, they're both gluten free. I seriously hate the oh-so-helpful policy of disclosing all gluten without letting us know that that's the policy. It's tiring. For Pete's sake, the WEB SITE could list gluten for us. I wonder how much it cost those idiot companies that neglect to keep the info on line and opt for forcing us to call their 1-800 #'s... ranting here.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
ingredient is the vanilla, but like I said still no help from Hershey's!

What about snickers? Yum!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Snickers are also gluten free. Do you have the Delphi list and the list of brands which will not hide anything?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kailynsmom Apprentice
Snickers are also gluten free. Do you have the Delphi list and the list of brands which will not hide anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I have is the Safe and Forbidden List from Celiac.com.

It's only been 4 months for us being gluten-free so we're still learning. But I would appreciate that info

Kailynsmom Apprentice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I have is the Safe and Forbidden List from Celiac.com.

It's only been 4 months for us being gluten-free so we're still learning. But I would appreciate that info

Archived