KCG91

Rant - 'juice Plus'

Rate this topic

This 'Juice Plus+' 'lifestyle change' thing keeps popping up on my Facebook feed (well, it did, I've blocked it all now). It's another fad - £32 a month for a load of milkshake powder and 'dietary advice and meal plans' from people who have no more nutritional/dietary knowledge than I do - so the advice goes as far as 'stop eating junk'. The best bit is it's tagline: 'The next best thing to fruit and vegetables'. Why spend an additional £32 a month to be told to stop eating junk and drink milkshakes instead...why not spend the £32 on fruit and veg?! I know that this is completely irrelevant, one of many such fads and that I'm food-policing people who I'd like to have tolerance for my special diet but...it really bugs me, especially as I see people I know buying into it. And I already bore my friends and family to death enough about food so I thought this was a better place to get it off my chest :P I'm off to eat carrot sticks and feel sanctimonious ;) 

I totally feel with ya.  A couple people I know sell body wraps and all these crazy weight loss supplements, one girl is so pushy I hid her facebook feed.  She posts before and after pictures of herself and the after looks no different... or worse.  So odd, lol.

Eating vegetables is too hard, I am going to shell out mad cash for a magic pill instead!

Haha! Glad it's not just me ;) Yeah those before and afters... I'm interested in genuine before and afters of people who I know who've worked really hard to become healthier. NOT badly cropped images of some stranger's torso! I don't even believe half of them are from the diets/treatments they say they are. Aha yes, yay magic pills! If I had an extra £32 to spend on fruit and veg I'd eat fancy berries and exotic things ALL THE TIME.

Some of those before and afters it looks like they are bloating out their bellies in the before. I actually did a little looking into those wraps. They are made from stuff that reduces bloating and tightens skin (think hemorrhoid cream for puffy eyes) and it wears off in a month. It's not for real. Also their supplements and diet are common sense stuff that would help u lose weight...

Like eating like a rabbit.

mmmm carrotts!