Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedMommy

Silicone Baking Pans

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I know some people love them, but I find them difficult to use. They are wobbly. When you try to put them in the oven filled with liquidy cake batter, you have to be very careful not to spill. Or put them on a cookie sheet to stabilize them.

Silicone is great for spatulas and utensils, not for baking.

I use the USA pans. I love them. I recommend them to everyone.

Pizza pan, bread pans, muffin pans, muffin top pans (which I use for rolls and granola cookies) and cake pans....everything I make, comes out perfectly. Not exaggerating!

just sayin. (not a paid spokesperson) ^_^

http://www.usapans.com/

Thank you for the thoughts. I would rather know now before I drop money on something.

I love my silicone utensils and oven mitts, but maybe it's not the best material for everything.

So far, I'm happy with baking in glass bread pans anyway.

Thanks for the link, Irish, I will check that out.

I think that for the future, I'm going to keep on looking for alternatives to teflon pans, because it seems like they don't stay nice very long and things start sticking to them quickly and ruining the finish. 

Irish, what do you use for a cookie sheet?

Honey, I just told you :) ...cookie sheet, jelly roll sheet, springform pan for my cheescake...all USA  ^_^

what can I say? I am hooked!

I like those USA pans, too. I have muffin pans, cookie sheets, a round pizza pan - the ridges help crisp up a gluten-free pizza crust.

They are really nice to use if you have something that will stick or is oddly shaped.  A lot of the gluten-free pizza crusts stick like crazy so I could totally see them being helpful.  I had a heart shaped silicone pan that made it really easy to get stuff out of for cakes, cookie hearts, or rice crispie hearts.  Had to toss it with my diagnosis though :(  I also had silicone muffin liners, they stand up on their own so you can pull out however many you need and just sit them on a pan and bake in them.  Most of the silicone pans you do have to put on top of a metal cookie sheet to avert disaster, though.  But they are really good at not browning the edges.

I always use parchment paper. No mess, no sticking and it is cheap at Costco. I use both glass and metal pans. Just lift up those brownies, cool on a baking rack, and slice with a pizza cutter (that has never been in contact with pizza in my case!)

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

The other thing to take into account is that it's not just you learning, it's the people that live with you. You will make mistakes in the beginning and that's with you being celiac. Other people don't even think about cross contamination...
    More than likely you have Celiac Disease. You can't know for sure that it's celiac vs another disease without the biopsy but with your labs it's probably 90%+ Celiac Disease. Drs will typically not want to comment on the diagnosis until they...
    Hello everyone. I'm 46 and have suffered from a myriad of symptoms for the past 25 years (diarrhea/constipation, rashes, reflux, fatigue, mouth ulcers, allergy symptoms, eye inflammation, brain fog, pressure headaches, hearing loss, more recently...