This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Do You Eat The Same Foods All The Time?

Kimbalou

Kimbalou Enthusiast

Hi. Just curious if you eat the same types of foods all the time. I have such a sensitive stomach, I am thinking about only eating the same things over and over. It gets so depressing to react to everything I eat. My daughter and I are going to start a juice cleanse diet. I just wish I didn't have to eat. At work today there are a bunch of pastries. Whoopee. Sometimes I just want to eat a donut!!

thanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

luvs2eat Collaborator

My youngest daughter spent more than a year eating exactly 5 foods. She'd been to doctor after doctor who blew her off and she had to do her own research and fashion her own elimination diet. She ate eggs, plain cooked chicken (no spices at all), apples, cauliflower, and white rice. After that very long time, her gut was so much happier and she began to bring one (ONE) food back at a time for days and days. Now she can eat almost anything w/o gluten, dairy, some nightshades, and some high oxylates. She's super sensitive still but is so happy to have been able to bring back so many foods.

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I try to keep my diet as varied as possible.  For me this meant leaving out 49 of 60 foods I use to use.  Many things were created for us to eat.  I recommend trying some new ones as you go.  My newest is jicama.  I can make a hash brown type treat with it.  A vegetable that is excellent and can help with digestion (according to me herb book) is fennel.  I stumbled upon fennel long ago and it gave me energy.  It has a light licorice flavor.  One can find fennel bulb in the produce.  The bulb looks somewhat like and onion, but the top looks like a feathery plume.  You can also find fennel is the spice section.  I have used it to make fennel cookies.

Dee

NatureChick Rookie

I eat just about anything I want - just a gluten free version of it, and if I can't buy it premade, make it myself. The more variety in my diet, the more nutrients and micro nutrients my body gets.

The trick to not feeling deprived when out in the world is to come prepared with your own foods that are as good if not better. And nine times out of ten, I wouldn't want to eat the freebies found at work because they are full of ingredients that are toxic ... to anyone. 

But please don't do a cleanse. They are not good for you. It is fine to do some juicing here and there but it should never be the only thing you consume in a day. Rather than just research the benefits of juice cleanses before trying one, much of the information being only anecdotal, I'd also research the negative effects that they can have on the body.

If your stomach is that sensitive, I'd definitely consider the possibility that there are additional food intolerances at play. I like the idea of rotation diets much more than elimination diets in order to figure out what foods are problematic.  

But I think we can all relate to feeling deprived from time to time. I just spent two weekends in a row away from home and did tire of having to cart around my own food with me. But I was a food snob long before I went gluten free so, fortunately, the foods that others around me were eating weren't tempting anyway.

Archived