JesikaBeth

Gluten Free In Houston, Texas?

Rate this topic

What are some good options for gluten free eating in Houston, TX?  I had my first dining out experience since diagnosis, at Outback.  It was a good experience! Just curious as to others? Thanks :)

I don't live close enough to Houston to know which restaurants are good, but I know they have an active gluten intolerance group, and there is this awesome place there called Gluten Free Nation.  http://glutenfreehouston.com/  They are a dedicated bakery that also sells tons of gluten-free stuff in their store, they sell their products in HEB's and I have yet to try something bad.  I shop at HEB primarily here and I like their pie crusts.  Also, if you haven't checked out HEB's gluten-free selection, they have a good number of private label gluten-free mixes, brown gluten-free shelf tags that are easy to see, and any HEB brand item that is gluten-free will usually have the brown gluten-free logo on it.  In the meat section where they have precooked entrees, they have a handful of those that are gluten-free, it is really nice for when you aren't able to cook.

Thank you! I appreciate the tid bits of info :)

I'd recommend Fuddrucker, Pei Wei, Ruggles Green, Spaghetti Warehouse downtown, Katz Deli (New menu), El Tiempo Cantina, Glazed the Donut Cafe and Johnny Carinos to name a few.

Nearly forgot Russos New York Pizzaria and most of the Landrys branded restaurants have a separate menu or will accommodate (Saltgrass has a good menu). Hate to be a troll but I don't care for gluten-free Nation's products. A few stores carries Sami's breads and products but I think they are shipped in from FL. They have a better bread than even Udis.

Awesome, thanks so much everyone :)