3bears2

Having To Poop Every Few Minutes, Kind Of Embarasing

Rate this topic

My celiac is pretty much under control most of the time. Is it normal to have to poop every few minutes for about a half hour period? My mom says this happens to her but she just sits on the toilet. She doesn't have celiac disease. It is just really annoying expeciall when I have to be to the swimming pool at 7am with my kids. I need to get up at 5:30 to get the poop out before I drive. Or at the end of their practice I have to go several times. So frustrating. Today I had to go 4 times before we got in the car. I had a speck of fetta last night. It could be that as dairy cheese seems to bother me. I also had some bacon last night. Maybe it was the fat. I hate not knowing the cause.

I don't know how long you have been gluten-free. It just may take more time to get the whole system working together. Maybe you need to adjust what you are eating? Maybe you need more fiber? Some probiotics or yogurt every day for a few weeks to get a good balance back?

I kind of do this too I've noticed after I've had entirely too much lactose or dairy or chocolate.  I am still investigating this.  It seems to be an "irritable bowel" problem caused my some kind of food, so trying to do the "elimination diet".  What really helped me to get back on track the most was Solgar's POWDERED lactobacillus acidophilus(its gluten and dairy free)......so now I am wondering if I have candida too.  And I'm wondering if gluten intolerance is "running in my family" as my dad who is 86 just had an endoscope and the doctor told him that he was just "eat up" with candida and it was from wheat...so he told him to be gluten free and he took a very powerful probiotic(he was having "sinus ulcers").  I am also trying the FOODMAPS diet as well as being gluten free and that seems to help tremendously.  I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that I am lactose intolerant(and I will do what you do until my system gets back on track---if I eat lactose---especially cow's milk). So hope some of these ideas help!

There's a good chance you are eating something that is irritating your gut.  Might be time to simplify your diet for a while.  Check all your vitamins and meds for gluten too.