Rate this topic

I think these are gluten free??  They are Pup-Peroni dog treats.  She eats Wellness Grain free that is gluten free so I'm good there.

Meat By-Products, Soy Grits, Sugar, Liver, Beef, Propylene Glycol, Salt, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Natural Smoke Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Used as a Preservative), Sodium Nitrite (for Color Retention), Red 40, BHA (Used as a Preservative), Onion Extract.

Obviously I don't eat them but I do give them to her.

Sounds gluten free.

A low fat, low cal training treat are things like Rice Chex or little pieces of plain chicken. And kids like to give them to dogs and can eat them, too!

I don't worry too much about the occasional dog biscuit. My dog gets 1 every night at bedtime. A left- over from a training thing with a dog from 25 years ago. Needed the treat to get her upstairs the first night and its stuck with every dog since.

Our kids are all adults now.  She gets small, pea sized pieces of one of those sticks when she comes in from doing her business.  Probably adds up to 1/2 stick a day, maybe :D.  She's maintained her same weight for 8 years. She self-regulates food too.  She's 9.

Just check to see if they are made in China.   http://www.techtimes.com/articles/7411/20140523/petco-petsmart-move-to-ban-dog-treats-made-in-china-heres-why.htm

My girlfriend almost lost her beloved dig after she was feeding him dog food from China.  She sent a list of all dog foods and treats that were mfg. in China.  I believe pupperoni was on it, but Im not sure.   She advised that if you had anything on that list, you throw it out.

I imagine a cat would be more susceptible than a dog...

I thought maybe it was that puppy in he picture. But I know people will google and find this in the years to come. :)

That is her.  She's small so she still looks like a puppy, 12 lbs.