This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Chilldren's Tylenol Gluten Free?

e&j0304

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Hey, my daughter has a pretty high fever (104.5) and her dr. suggested alternating Tylenol and Motrin through the night. I know that the dye-free children's Motrin is safe, but I am not sure about Tylenol. I thought that Infant's Tylenol was ok, but I need to know about Children's. I am probably going to assume that most of the Tylenol products are gluten-free, but I'd hate to give her an additional set of problems when she's already sick.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

yes it is safe, we use it here and I know I've seen it on "safe" lists recently

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Thanks for your help!

Rusla Enthusiast
Thanks for your help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a note on Tylenol in general. That drug never leaves your liver, so over the years tylenol can build up in peoples livers and if anyone is a heavy user of it beware. It will eventually explode the liver. I say this because I know not only many people who constantly use it all the time but feed it to their kids on a regular basis.

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

Yikes....that's a pretty high fever! Don't know about the Tylenol, I usually just have Motrin on hand. But, I just wanted to say that I hope she feels better soon. I hate it when my kids are sick! Take care.

e&j0304 Enthusiast
Just a note on Tylenol in general. That drug never leaves your liver, so over the years tylenol can build up in peoples livers and if anyone is a heavy user of it beware. It will eventually explode the liver. I say this because I know not only many people who constantly use it all the time but feed it to their kids on a regular basis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never heard that! I'll keep that in mind.

Tamara, Thanks for thinking of Ella. I feel so bad for her. Her fever was 104.5 at 5:00 this evening and we gave her medicine then. By 8:00 her fever was already back up to 103. I hope she sleeps well through the night!

thanks again everyone

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi Shannon,

I will be thinking of you through the night, I hope she is okay......

Make sure she isn't bundled too much - just a t-shirt.

Make sure you keep us posted........

Hugs.

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Overdoses of Tylenol or large doses along with heavy alcohol consumption CAN cause liver damage. Like anything else, follow directions and don't use unless you need it. High fever is a good reason.

richard

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

All Tylenol and Motrin are gluten-free according to the CANADIAN website. Not sure about the U.S.

It took some searching around to find out, but here's the link:

Open Original Shared Link

On the motrin.ca site, on the "ask motrin" line type in gluten and it will say this:

Best Response...

Gluten is not present in any product with the MOTRIN* name. For a complete list of ingredients in any of our MOTRIN* products, please click on the product which you are interested in learning more about.

For more information about gluten or Celiac Disease, please visit; www.celiac.ca.

If you'd like to view the ingredient lists for all MOTRIN* products, click here and follow the links.

Again, that's for Canada only, I'm not sure about the U.S.

Guest katerismom

Hi!

I know that you were just asking about the regular Childrens Tylenol, but I thout it might be helpful for people to know that the Infants Tylenol Cold IS NOT gluten-free, but the Childrens Tylenol cold IS gluten-free. My daughter had a nasty cold a few months ago and found this information out (after I had already purchased the Infants Tylenol Cold, of course).

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for your help. It's kind of overwhelming knowing what is and isn't gluten-free! Why can't they just make ALL of their products gluten-free in the US as well as Canada???

Anway, Ella still has a nasty cough and fever. She coughed much of the night, but didn't wake up. She still has a fever today although so far this morning is only 101. Hopefully that won't get higher as the day goes on. I guess there's just something going around and hopefully the baby won't get it too!

Thanks again!

Rusla Enthusiast
Thanks to everyone for your help.  It's kind of overwhelming knowing what is and isn't gluten-free!  Why can't they just make ALL of their products gluten-free in the US as well as Canada???

Anway, Ella still has a nasty cough and fever.  She coughed much of the night, but didn't wake up.  She still has a fever today although so far this morning is only 101.  Hopefully that won't get higher as the day goes on.  I guess there's just something going around and hopefully the baby won't get it too!

Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been putting cloths with ice in them on her forehead or wiping her face with cold cloths. Another thing that works for fevers in anyone is a bowl of ice with a fan blowing over it towards them.

Archived