SMRI

Any Oddball, Non-Food Items To Watch?

Rate this topic

On the final legs of de-glutening the house and was just wondering if there were any oddball items to watch out for.  My shampoo and conditioner are gluten-free, so is my make-up and face lotion.  What about goofy things like cleaning supplies or garbage bags or anything one wouldn't normally think of as a source of gluten??  Ok, maybe not garbage bags but you get the idea :D.

Play dough.  Sun screen. Kitchen utensils or baking tools that could be contaminated.  Ummmmm... Sugar canisters or other baking supplies that may have had a flour coated measuring cup dipped into it?  Sounds like you've got most of it to me.  :)

Wash you oven mitts, pet food if you lick your fingers, oven rack, dish sponges, underneath seat cushions, vehicles.  That's all I can think to add and I'm assuming you already did the stuff in the Newbie Thread.

Colleen

Sun Screen??  Really???  That is a new one.  UGGGGG.....I did think of the knife block.  We used to have a magnetic knife holder on the wall in our old kitchen. I need to go get a new one for this house and get rid of the knife block.  I don't have enough drawer space here to put them in a drawer.  Oven mitts have been washed and put aside.  Pet food and treats are gluten-free.  Hubs is going gluten-free so no kissing filthy mouths :D.  Didn't think of the seat cushions.  We clean them every so often but probably should do that this week too.   Suspect kitchen things are gone.

There might be one or two sunscreens with wheat germ oil but most of them have nothing that is from nature..... All lab made chemicals.

Yeah, most are okay.  Just give it a quick check.  At first it seems like gluten is everywhere, but it really isn't. It's just good to check everything if you are able.