Rate this topic

• I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and I need to know if any of these ingredients may contain gluten. The packaging does not indicate that this is a gluten free product but this is the Target brand and the details in the packaging seem minimal. Here are the ingredients. 

Protein Blend (Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate [Which Contains Beta-Lactoglobulin, Alpha-Lactalbumin, and Glycomacropeptides], Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate), Maltodextrin, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

It also "Contains milk and soy ingredients." 

• Please let me know if this is a safe food or not. I have already tried gluten free Protein but I ran out and this is all I have.

Maltodextrin is not made from gluten in the US..  The ingredients Autumn listed do not contain gluten.  

Maltodextrin can be enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usually corn; in Europe, it is commonlywheat. Wheat-derived maltodextrin may cause concern for individuals suffering from gluten intolerance. If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, it will appear on the label.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltodextrin

Colleen

I had some, and immediately, indigestion. Had to go to the bathroom. But then felt ok. I haven't had any gluten in 2 weeks. Are you absolutely SURE that this product does not contain gluten (I am in the U.S...)

There are no gluten ingredients listed, but if you want to be absolutely sure the product is manufactured in a place free from cross contamination, you will need to contact the manufacturer.  

As Karen said, if anything bothers you, don't eat it.  It doesn't mean there is gluten in it, just some people cannot tolerate certain things, especially with a healing gut.

If you are having a problem with dairy, the isolate is usually ok. Sucralose personally bothers me if I have too much. If it bothers you then it's not because it's dstroying your insides with gluten. Which is always good to know. I have there is absolutely no such thing as "normal", everyone reacts differently to things.

I had some, and immediately, indigestion. Had to go to the bathroom. But then felt ok. I haven't had any gluten in 2 weeks. Are you absolutely SURE that this product does not contain gluten (I am in the U.S...)

This product contains both dairy and soy. Some of us can have problems with one or both of these until we have healed. If the product bothers your system whether it is gluten free or not it is a good idea to drop it for a bit.  Do make sure you tolerate whatever you mixed it with or put it on also. In the beginning it can be helpful to keep a food and symptom log. It can help pinpoint items you don't tolerate. Do keep in mind that some reactions can be delayed so what you are looking for is a pattern.