Rate this topic

So we eat gluten free and I have found that I am totally fine with no gluten. I have found great substitutes and recipes for cookies, cakes and pasta but I NEED PIZZA!!!! Anybody out there know a great recipe or a premade yummy pizza. I have already tried udi's and it was horrible.  Thanks everyone! 

I get the Donato's  pepperoni at the grocery store. they are certified, and doctor it up at home.  Even my gluten eating Hubs loves it.  I put sauce on again, double the cheese and any other fixings you want. 

Colleen

I bought a box of pizza crust mix a while back and that wasn't bad. I think it was Glutino brand??  It's a little hard to work with because it's so sticky but if you use wax paper or plastic wrap when handling it's fine.  We made this http://glutenfreeeasily.com/flourless-gluten-free-pizza/ the other night.  It wasn't bad.  It gets a bit salty though.  One change we will try next time is after the crust is pre-baked is to put it on a pizza pan for the final cooking.  I think it would crisp up the crust more but you have to use a glass pan to start.

We love Schar shelf-stable crusts. I've only ever seen them in one store, but you can buy them online. They are individually wrapped and come two per box, pre-cooked. You add sauce, cheese, and other toppings and bake just long enough to cook the toppings. If you bake them on one of those metal pizza trays with little holes in it, the bottom stays firm and does not get mushy.

So we eat gluten free and I have found that I am totally fine with no gluten. I have found great substitutes and recipes for cookies, cakes and pasta but I NEED PIZZA!!!! Anybody out there know a great recipe or a premade yummy pizza. I have already tried udi's and it was horrible.  Thanks everyone! 

Against the Grain, hands down

Even my wife who is not gluten-free likes it

It depends on where you live. If you're a New Englander you're probably out of luck. If you live elsewhere in the country you can probably find a frozen gluten-free pizza that tastes better than most pizzarias in your area.

I have been all over the country and long before I went gluten-free, I could never find a decent pizza outside of New England. There WAS one place in San Diego that was pretty good, and there is a place here in western South Dakota that's pretty good. But in other places usually you can't get a decent crust and they don't use the right cheeses, sometimes they put the toppings UNDER the cheese so it traps the grease, the sauce is either flavorless or they paint it on with a brush so it's too dry.

I worked in several pizzarias in Connecticut so I KNOW how it should be done. Here in my town people think Pizza Hut is good. In Connecticut no one but tourists would step foot into a Pizza Hut when the knew they could get a truly GOOD pizza just about anywhere else.

(Yes, I'm having a bad day - threw my back out. So I'm grumpy. But everything I said is true!)