Seeking2012

The Old Corn Meal Question

Rate this topic

I always thought I was "Silent Celiac," but I discovered that I'm not as "silent" as I thought...I was just blaming the carbs for the foggy brain and fatigue when it was probably gluten all along! I'm still learning...

So, I'm in search of a truly gluten-free cornmeal. Anyone found it? I just ate Aunt Jemima corn meal and I've got foggy brain, fatigue, tiredness, weak muscles, etc. Anyone else get that? I seem to have no GI symptoms, its all brain and energy for me.

Bobs red mill has gluten-free corn meal and gluten-free corn flour (fine ground).  I use those.  I know there are others out there, but due to possible CC, I would definitely pick one up that is labeled gluten-free and tested by the company.

Bobs red mill has gluten-free corn meal and gluten-free corn flour (fine ground).  I use those.  I know there are others out there, but due to possible CC, I would definitely pick one up that is labeled gluten-free and tested by the company.

I have read on this site that some people have gotten sick or glutened from Bob's Red Mill gluten-free products. Is this still happening?

I have no problem with Bob's Red Mill.  Sometimes there is confusion whether it's a different ingredient or really reacting to a very small amount (tested under 20 ppm).

Colleen

No one in my family has ever had a problem with BRM...six of us have been using these products for over five years.

I think that the BRM problems come from people with an additional oat sensitivity.  Last I heard they process their gluten free oats in their gluten-free facility.  When I called, they told me that they clean well between runs but there is that slight cc possibility in case of an extreme oat sensitivity.