w8in4dave

Be Careful A Celiac Living With A Gluten Eater!

Rate this topic

Hubbs and I made grilled Chicken last night. It was so good! I also had some red potatoes and some roasted Asparagus. Can you say "To die for?" Anyway I ate outside hubbs came in and made some (Cough cough) Bread stuffing. He is not gluten-free so yea full blown Gluten! So I took my 2 thighs off the platter and he took the rest in. I ate a perfect meal and was thinking I could have some for the next night. Walked in, he was eating , I looked , the chicken was on the platter with his spatula that was full Glutinized bread stuffing laying right across the chicken!! Aghhhhhh oh well too late! No more chicken for me! So I want to do it all over again! I want to make nore Chicken tonight! I am going to sneak in some gluten-free stuffing so he can make it any time and not CC my stuff! 

One thing we do sometimes is - I serve everything! A bit of a pain, but it works. Also, the gluten-free items go on everyone's dinner plate before the bread or crackers. For example, they get the chicken and the green beans, then go over and get the bun to make a chicken sandwich. Or they serve themselves the cheese and fruit and then get their beloved Wheat Thins. If they want more cheese or fruit - they ask me to get it.

We don't eat mixed meals often either.  For breaded things he always uses my stuff.  If he is cooking only for himself (when I have a salad or something) he piles on the gluten...lol.  He has been coming around to my way slowly (only 2 years  :lol: )  The only time I can think of when it's mixed is spaghetti.  But he loves the Fettuccine with my noodles....I don't get that  :blink:

Colleen

We don't eat mixed meals often either.  For breaded things he always uses my stuff.  If he is cooking only for himself (when I have a salad or something) he piles on the gluten...lol.  He has been coming around to my way slowly (only 2 years  :lol: )  The only time I can think of when it's mixed is spaghetti.  But he loves the Fettuccine with my noodles....I don't get that  :blink:

Colleen

Just meals like sandwiches or burgers. Hub likes lots of gluten-free crackers but the boys want Wheat Thins. We only do gluten-free pasta anymore.