Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnightRobby

Celiacs Need Their Own Ice Bucket Challenge

I am sure by now you have heard of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.  It was created by a social media mastermind and has raised billions and billions of dollars for the disease.  So I would think ALS could see major improvement in diagnoses and treatment in the next decade.  So I was nominated by my communities to do the ice bucket challenge and took the time to mention Celiac (video below and it gets weird - I sure hope you know something about HowToBasic  :D ).  I may revisit the topic later with my community as well.  Here's the vid:

Once the ice bucket challenge wears off, in about a year I would love to see Celiac get something like this.  Diagnosing Celiac here in the US is terrible (at least from my personal experience).  From what I understand places like Italy have it in place to test before age 7.  We need something like this badly.  I was diagnosed very late.

It seems like everyone and their neighbor knows what ALS is now.  I want that for Celiac!

I know, I was thinking about that few days ago, and it made me feel a lot of different emotions on the side  of yes we need this.  I am going to go and get some ideas togther to see what sounds like a good idea.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Because you would want everyday normal items to be used.  The big thing that helped the ALS ice bucket challenge was the fact it started with celebrities for exposure.